Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
My son's new Shane fell victim to a platform with screws sticking out of it. Several deep gouges through the graphics into the underlay. Should these be filled in and if so any recommendations? If he doesn't fill them in will water seep into the board? Needless to say he was crushed about what happened and was less than pleased that the boat owner didn't inform him of the protruding screw heads. I guess it pays to take a close look at unfamiliar platforms and not take anything for granted.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2008, 4:51 AM Reply   
Screws really shouldn't be sticking out of platforms in the first place, its a lovely way to get tetanus.

Anyways, boards are made with closed cell foam so no worries about water seeping in. Just slap some two part epoxy in the gouges and it'll be as good as new but its nothing to be too concerned about.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-29-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
WTF a Platform with Screw Sticking out of it? Sketchy
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Closed cell foam will not absorb much water. I've ridden boards that are pretty well messed up for months at a time. Get a surfboard repair kit or a couple tubes of super glue. 5 minute epoxy works very well. Sandpaper to shape.