Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
I noticed the top pros always have the newest top of the line model from the boat company they ride for, and I was wondering, what happens to the old ones? is it like a lease and then they give em back to the dealers a year later? I've got to imagine they drive those things into the ground [all the wieght and riding almost every day] so would they resale for less or more?
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-02-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
It all depends on the person. I'm sure all are different. Some are given the boat so when the year is up they can sell it and keep the $$ and get the new years pro model. My 02SSV was Russ Wilde's and he sold it outright. I had to get the title from Ski's Choice but it all checked out.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
thats kind of cool. I would have asked him to autograph it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-02-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
depending on the company and what they work out for a budget there are usually 2-3 options that they work out.

sometimes a company gives the person a boat to use all year, at the end of the year they give the boat back to the dealer and they sell it "new" but cheaper than a new boat.

another option is like someone said above the rider gets to keep the boat and sell it and make money that the company cant afford to pay them.

one more is the rider gets the chance to buy a boat at cost and then has the option of trading it back in for the new model at the end of the year or sell is, make money, and buy the new one next year
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-02-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
...I remember when mike schwenne put some wakeboard camp boats...x-1s .....they went for real cheap as they had a ton of hours ...if I remember right he was asking close to 30000 for a 2006 x-1 in 2007.
Old     (running_turtle)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-03-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
I bought Scotty Broome's RZ2 when he went to Australia and got a new 1.
But i got it through a local Tige dealer.
Oh and Tino Santori also had to give his 24Ve to the dealership for a new 1.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
I worked with a guy who got a Mastercraft each year for his son who competed in Ski Jumping. Their deal was use it for a year and turn it in or they could buy it for an agreed upon price. He usually had them sold before end of season and could make a few $ on it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-05-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
when i was at a Tige dealer trainer class a year or so a go and they had Nick Weinakers 24ve in there that they were fixing a couple things on. they were basically just putting all new seats in it and anything that was sun damaged. the dealers can buy the pros boat off of the manufactures for a big disscount and then sell them for a disscounted price will full warranties. The manufactures usually give a really good deal to the local dealer of the pro which saves them money in having to send a driver and shipping the boat back to the factory.
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
I bought Jon Voight's Lebaron.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-05-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
I know that MC of Charlotte has Megan Major's '07 X-Star listed under their new inventory
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
I know one of Schwenne's Tomcats went for 45k this past year. Camp boat that he gave back. Titled new b/c it was a demo, full warranty and all.