Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (setter23lsv)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-30-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
Well my buddy who was trying to decide between the Polk DB651 and the MB Quart to replace his Factory MC 6.5 Cans has went a totally different way after being able to hear these speakers at a store. HE now is leaning towards the Infinity Kappa's 62.7 coaxial and the Diamond Audio D661i 6.5" 2-WAY COAXIAL SPEAKER SET(last years model of the 662.

After hearing the Polks and the MB Quart' he said they weren't as sharp as the Infinity's. Both the Polks and the MB's seem to give a much beeter all around performance and and would be better for the boat interior speakers, but we both feel that clarity the Infinity's gave would be much more appreciated at the length behind the boat as well as hanging out as he has a 12" sub in his boat anyways. They guy at the shop also stated that Diamonds were great as well since we liked the Infinity's. Keep in mind this is a car stereo shop not a boat audio shop was curious on all your thoughts. Think the Diamonds are a better speaker?
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-30-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
We just put 8 of those diamonds 4 in the boat and 4 on the tower. I can crank the speakers all the way with no distortion. Seriously unbelievable how bad ass they are. Infinitys cheaper but diamonds high quality and way worth it.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-30-2008, 11:21 PM Reply   
I had the Infinity Kappa's in my last truck (MB in my current truck after not being happy with the Polk db's), and a 12 behind the seat. The Kappa's were a bit on the bright side, I ran the crossovers at -2db and typically the treble at -1 to -3 most of the time.

I like Infinity's in boats, bright is good in a boat in general. Never heard the Diamonds.

Keep in mind those Infinity's are 2 ohm so your wiring configuration may be different.
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-31-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
I've actually owned both and would go with the diamonds. I blew several pairs of Kappa's, love the sound but aren't the toughest things out there. However, the diamonds sound better and haven't blown for over two years. Def. Diamonds.
Old     (03_35th)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
I have 10 of the Diamonds 6 on the Tower 4 in the boat, they are good and clear.

Then I have 4 JL 10s

I can't complain about either, the system sound great.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-04-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Got 2 Kappas up front and 2 Diamond HEX's in the back...i'd stick with the diamonds if you're not on a budget, mine are completely, horrifically loud.