Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-11-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
I've got an illusion x and a boat load of toys
I haul a 2 man tube around for the kids and guests and am tired of always having to move it.
we normally hook it to the eye in back, but have some issues with the rope underneath it....and you can't surf with it there
my idea......when parked, I can store the tube on top of the bimini...but would like to when in motion also
so.does anyone know anyone in the DFW area that can make a bimini top frame extension for me?
it would need to extend for about 2 to 2.5 feet
.that way, the tube can be bungied down and the tower ball can still be used
thanks
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-11-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Malibu sells a killer bimini/rack that does everything you want. It is expensive, but it is super slick. 2600$ or so. It's only money, you'll make more next week:-)
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-13-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Cliff Here is a pic of the Z5 cargo rack and bimini combo for the Illusion tower.Upload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-13-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
thanks
might be more than I wanted....but I will see if Tim has one.so that I can see it in person

if i Drilled 2 more holes in the leading edge of the tower, and stuck some poles in there that are longer than the bimini poles
I might be able to create a small rack just for the tube
the question will be...is it strong enough
I don't really want support poles down to the windshield

but not sure that I really need the big Z5 either
thanks

Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Cliff, I haul around a 12 volt air pump and I deflate the tube. I have the O'Brien screamer tube, something like 52 inches across, that I simply keep in the ski locker all year, this way if I get anyone in the boat that can't board they aren't left out. I fill the tube in less than 3 minutes by plugging into my on board outlet. It's a thought and it won't cost you 2600.00 simply deflate and stuff it back in the hole..

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
3 minutes!
no kidding?!
that sounds like the best solution so far
thanks
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-14-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
coleman makes a rechargeable pump that has a built in battery that you can get so you wouldn't even have to plug it in. It come with all the attachments for the different valves and it will air up a kingsize air mattress super fast. It is really cheap too.

Upload
Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-14-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Cliff, I wouldn't kid you.

I take my little Niece and Nephew out about every other weekend, and literally board first, getting everyone a set, then air up the tube - let the kids slide around a lil, break it down, and repeat. I wouldn't do it otherwise. It's a great option and as depoint mentioned - far cheaper..