Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-03-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
It is quiet aparent that Parks was the big dog on the scene last year (yes you can dispute it but over all he was). I personaly like PB but I would like to see some new blood take his glory. what about the womens scene? Who do you think can take Dallas's crown? So the question is: Who can over take Park's/Dallas and why?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
"Who do you think can take Dallas's crown?"
No one in the near future.

I wouldn't mind seeing Harf win the tour. I would love to see Watson win it. I think Trevor will continue to climb. Soven definitely has the potential to rule it. A lot will depend on the judging unfortunately. Soven and Hansen have to thrown down an undeniably superior run to win.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Oops. assuming you were talking about competitions.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-03-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
I was looking at it as a over all top dog in the sport. Yes competitions are a major part of the sport but the freeriding side in my eyes is just as important to round a rider. I agree with you in Soven and Hansen. I had a chance to talk with Trevor at the P-Town boat show and the more I see hem ride and know knowing him just a little off of the screen he is someone I hope (and believe) will up the bar on what will be pushing the limits. Watson is by far right now my favorite rider but I don't know if he is going to take the tour crown. Harf I think is the best bet. I do think Watson is going to get alot more viedo time and fire more guys up to keep up.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-03-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
Here is another thought, Do you think that Dallas should be removed from the womens tour to even the playing field. I know she started riding on the guys tour in Reno (I think it was there). She has the ability to compete with the guys.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
NO WAY! should Dallas be removed from the tour nor should she compete against men unless the women dont have a stop at that event..Dallas has single handidly brought repspect to the women riders and she pushes and drags all the other women riders with her..Her taking chances and learning bigger tricks has made other women riders stop throwing backrolls and tantrums in their runs and started throwing bgiier tricks when it counts..

So eventually a lot of the women will get better and close the gap..So if she leaves it will be bad for womens wakeboarding on a whole..

who cares if she wins all the time the other girls will get tired of it and either quit or step up which will be good for their sport..

Harf has stepped it up big time and is in my mind the best rider going right now on and off the water he is top notch kid..

Parks isnt going anywhere anytime soon but it is nice to see the young guns coming up and done forget about Andrew Adkitson he wo worlds and had some nice finishes last year..
Old    wickedwake            03-04-2005, 7:03 AM Reply   
I would like to see Adkinson on top
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-04-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Agree with Clay. Adkinson was killing it at the end of the year winning two events. If he keeps it up he has a chance. Hanson may have a good chance as well.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-04-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Take it a step further, what about outside the comps, Parks has been setting the bar with tricks, sliders and double-ups. Who else is going to knock him off in freeriding? Lots of guys kill it out there but is Parks truley the best the way the hype makes it out to be?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-04-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
The women need to step it up. They are pro riders. They should all throw down like Dallas. Just my opinion.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-04-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I wish I could throw down like Dallas.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-04-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
I agre with J-Rod, but watch for Rusty Malinowski, JD Webb, & Josh Sanders(he dominated on the Aussie pro tour.
Dallas will continue to dominate, nobody is even close.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
who cares
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-04-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
How about Tino Satori (sp?)? He was really throwing down end of the year in 2004. Will be nice to see the Ennen's up there also. I like Parks too, but it's nice to see fresh blood every now and again. I mean really, who wants to see the Patriots with the Superbowl every year anyway!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-04-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
me and you girlfriend
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-04-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Aussies josh, daniel, and brett.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-04-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
I think O'Brien is going to rule the Pro tour this year with new fresh awesome riders like Jonathan Nadolski and the aussies like Watkins and Sanders. Also CWB with Andrew A. and Trevor H. will be up there too. I think the "big Dogs" might not do as well this year!
Old    drewsky24            03-04-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
I'm leanin towards Shane Bonifay this year.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-04-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
Andrew Adkison, Danny Harf, Dallas Friday & watchout for Phillip Soven
Old    cheekydevil69            03-04-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
wat abt Chad Sharpe?
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-05-2005, 6:37 AM Reply   
There is only one top dog in wakeboarding, Gary
and her name is Roxy.
Cheers
Barry
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/wakeboard_usa

Roxy
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-07-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Actually, Barry there has been another "Top Dog" lurking! He is Leo's golden retriever, here is in all his glory:

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on March 07, 2005)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-07-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
Opps, here is the focused version:
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-07-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
I say Jeff Weatherall.....he was very consistent last season and has been riding on the Australian Tour this winter. I think we will see him on the top of the podium a few more times this season.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Andrew, Trevor, and Froggy
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       03-15-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
I'm going with Roxy!

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-15-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!

Wow, thats really funny...I just stumbled on this post, not expecting my dawg to be on here.

On the topic, I would like to see andrew take over parks spot. I just dont like to see a guy who pulls average tricks during his wake run (Parks Bonifay) win due to his amazing double half cab roll. Harf and Adkinson are both pulling w2w ts 9's, whirlybird 5's, w2w hs 7s and harf either makes or breaks on his nuclear blind pete. Im not saying Parks doesn't deserve it, but his run is too predictable
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-15-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
This season your guna see parks trying those double back mobes which are absoloutly incredible!! I got that new Pointless Movie
Mixtape and Parks lands one on the video and it is sick!! Also there footage of the double or nothing contest and he gets really close to it evry time!! If he lands that at any of the competitions he will win in my mind.