Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    wsrmatt            12-08-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
yeah dude if i never went snowboarding before and didnt know much about it, if i went and people were wearing pink skirts i would think the whole idea of snowboarding and the scene is gay. thats how lots of people see wakeboarding i think because they see cartoon graphics and shorts over wetsuit or wakepants or whatever else is wierd out there.
Old    dingo_davey            12-08-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
That's the cool side of wakeboarding. I think they're more turned off by the other things wakeboarders are usually associated with
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-08-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
all right all right, i guess we have our own opinons, but tell me this, you dont wear a life jacket and no shorts over the wetsuit do you?
Old    wsrmatt            12-08-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
na man i just run it like im surfing. fullsuit only. the foam of the westsuit is the same as my skinny illegal vest.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-08-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Actually I do wear my life jacket over my wetsuit. Just like I wear my jacket over my normal clothes and my shorts underneath.

Unfortunately my life jacket is the ugliest one on the water so I don't know why I'm handing out fashion advice. (foam & pink/teal/black). Santa if you're listening....
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-08-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
matt, you ride at naci, me too. shoot me an email and we'll go ride. check it on my profile.
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding: Boardies over the wetsuit!

Surfing: Wetsuit - no boardies under or over!

Case closed.....
Old    dingo_davey            12-09-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
i like the whole wetsuit thing on, its like wearing tight pants while you wakeboard. You can get that rock'n roll sidepipe thing goin. faded denim wetsuit bottoms are the wave of the future
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-09-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
what?
Old    dingo_davey            12-09-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
bootcut ones
Old    wsrmatt            12-10-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
why cant wakeboarders just go for the surfer look. i think byerly looks rad in the old days with his surfer style and just wearing a fullsuit. plus whats the big deal about wearing shorts over. are you trying to look cool for all the people at the lakes in the winter.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-10-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   

quote:

why cant wakeboarders just go for the surfer look.

cause wakeboarding isn't surfing.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-10-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
joe, what do I wear wake surfing? This is so confusing.
Old    wsrmatt            12-10-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
i bet theres alot of guys who wear boardshorts over thier wetsuits when they ride and thier probabaly dumb enough to think it looks cool wakesurfing. lol i think it would be funny to see a black guy though wearing a fullsuit then with white shorts over cuz of the color contrast opposite. and no im not racist, a few of my close boys aren't white. if they made wetsuits made for wakeboarding they obviously would be designed to wear shorts over them for style so why dont they make it look cooler and make the legs skin color on the suit. then it would look cool like a spring suit and trunks.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-10-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
wow, you're really taking this shorts over wetsuit thing seriously, aren't you?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-10-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
"...why dont they make it look cooler and make the legs skin color on the suit"

Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-10-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
So was it cool that the guys in Shock and Awe were not wearing shorts over their wetsuits since they were in the surf, even though they were strapped to a wakeboard?
Old    wsrmatt            12-10-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
na im not serious and not serous about wakeboarding either but just like you joe i like to support what i believe. nothing bad and i think its cool if you personally like to wear boardshorts over ur wetsuit cuz thats what u like and you get stoked that way when you ride, but ive grown up a surfer, skateboarder and snowboarder so those sports have always influenced my style. one thing ive seen from those sports since i was little is you dont really have to add on stuff to look cool. ive been competing snowboarding for the past 9 years for fun, snowboarding for 5 and skating for two and ive seen some funny fads roll in and out. if the pros do this then the public does it kinda deal. skateboarding had a baggy pants fase(not sure what that did) and snowboarding had the same but also with like 27 inch stances. i know im just babling on but i wore boardshorts over my suit once cuz i fell for the trend and had the feeling like i wouldnt be cool riding with the guys i was riding with without my shorts cuz they had it but it seemed like when my legs bent out or were way bent they kinda stuck around on my suit legs anyway.
Old    dingo_davey            12-10-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
yeah remember the "sag no drag" phase in skating was so cool until the first baker video came out and hesh came back. Same with the new neoproto phase in snowboarding, jeans and striped shirts. To each his own i guess, I think its great to have some diversity in the styles people wear.
Old    cdubs            12-10-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
No boardshorts! I could care less actually but whats the point? A few years back i used to wear boardshorts but now looking back its kinda funny. Plus then ur boardshorts are wet after you take off ur suit. Up till two years ago i used to see alot of pros wearing boardshorts over thier suits so nobody can really bag on nobody for doing it but i havent seen too many heads do it anymore. Its defiantely alot funnier when people have them underneath i think cuz of all the bunchyness. Hey matts whats goin on. Ryan was sayin you just learned backside rodeo 7's at Bear yesterday. Nice buddy!!
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-13-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
surfing, 90% of the time ur in the water (below the waist) unless its an epic day...wakeboarding, 90% of the time out of the water(unless learning) do what u want package boys...
Old    jositox27            12-13-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
good point rj
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
I think we all just need to go back to wearing riding pants, winter & summer always!! Shane Bonifay would be so proud!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-14-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
ya, and hilstchers gay
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-14-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
I saw jared rock it in biker shorts once. That was hillarious.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-15-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
ya, you know the ti-die shorts are hot. those things are so thin though, it hurt like a mother when i fell butt first, if you know what i mean. i have no idea how chicks board in bikinis, it would kill.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
they don't have two guys hangin
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
it wasnt the boys that hurt as much as the ennema i recieved. and i do know that dosnt feel good. so, now you know what i mean about the women boarding in bikinis.
Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-17-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
How about these? One extreme to the other!! These are from our local Jackass Tournament held every year at the end of the season. Water temp was around 55.

Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-17-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Or this!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Look Antbug that guy is doing your move. THE HAIRY HANSOME!!!the angle is not quite there.
Old    dave_willyams            12-17-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
Dude I was totaly thinking the same thing

I just didn't want to tell everyone my signature move
Old    al_kohol            12-17-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Shorts over your wetsuit? Trying to hide something. Check out new school Dog, or do you have the balls!!!
Old    al_kohol            12-17-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
oops....this is what i mean....and yes i got the balls!!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-19-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
dude. that is so wrong. i rode in spandex and that was to much then, but a man thong?
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-21-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
You haven't lived until you gone "NAKEBOARDING"

and my vote is.... shorts are cool over a shorty spring suit, but not over a full.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-27-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
Its gay.Just like putting your gym shorts over your sweats.
Old    cmm83            01-03-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
The vast majority of O'dub-ers wear shorts over..myself included.

Seems like only the touristy people go without.

I wear a longsleeve shorty and think thats fine. It does look a little funny with shorts and a full suit. Then again I think it looks funny wearing a vest with no bottom too.

Different strokes...
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-03-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Sometimes it's fun to let a thread get over 100 replies before reading it ;-)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-03-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
Personally I need to follow the thread from the begining!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-03-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Ryan, I know you've got pictures but please, please don't post them here. At least the ladies followed suit, take one for the team ol' buddy.
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-04-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
well hey somebody had to do it.... riding naked with kevin was a small price to pay to watch to chicks ride naked
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-07-2005, 12:46 AM Reply   
definately shorts over the wetsuit