Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       07-15-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Hey, I am writing a report on wakeboarding kinda giving an overview of the sport and what the good things about it are. I need some opinions on why everybody out there enjoys the sport and what are the good and bad about it(if there really are many bad things). I would really apprecitate the help. Thanks guys!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
the feeling of being out there on your own...just you, your board and water. the feeling of carving up the water, going big or doing a big grab...sheer expression of one's self.

also, the camaraderie among the other riders in the boat, as well as other riders in other boats.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-15-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
the reasons that i like wakeboarding are: the feeling of getting your first big air, how close you feel to other riders even if you dont know them, you can go out for hours and not notice the time passing. i dont think ive gone out and seen someone not smile after a good ride (allowing for the fact that theyre not seriously hurt or unconsious)
cons: }the price range if your like me with no job and have a tendency to "drop" your equipent by accident.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
GOOD THINGS: Wakeboarding is a source. Just like Surfing. As said above. You have your boat crew.( the ones you hang with close) then you have all the other wakeboarders in the area. And also world wide. Like being in a different group. It doesnt matter what board or boat you are using. You all speak the same language. You all live for the best ride. It is great just being on the water. But being on the board is another world. Whether a beginer learning to cross one wake, or someone in the outlaw division. when you accomplish something new it is a great feeling. A speed star. An adrenaline rush. If you dont know what to write about wakeboarding, then you must try it. then you will know.
BAD THINGS: Cost Money, Injuries, People with bad boat ethics, Jet Ski's.........
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Chicks dig it!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Read the story about how wakeboarding changed his life and he's a better person because of it...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/178991.html?1089917479
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-16-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
I think one of the reasons that the sport is so appealing is that even if you take the wakeboarding out of a day on the lake. It's still a great day. Add in a sport where you can progress, feel free, test your limits, share with friends and family and keep in shape, and I think that's pretty tough to beat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-16-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
One of the things I like about wakeboarding over other sports is the opportunity to perform for an audience. Wakeboarding is a show-off sport. When you ride, it really is all about you. The greatest feeling ever is landing your best trick way out in the flats, hearing the ladies cheer from the boat, and seeing your boys throw up a fist - as to say "that was sweet dude." That's is one of the best feelings I can think of, eventhough it may sound a little selfish.
Old    cryft            07-16-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
I like it because, as said above, the only thing that exists while you're out on your board is you and the water. It's like nothing matters but what you're going to do next. And whenever you succesfully get big air or w/e it feels like your flying. And it's also cool to have everyone think your insane for getting back up after a bad fall, even though nobody else boards that goes out on the lake with me.

But that's also the bad part of it. You can be having the best run of your life then have it ruined by a bad fall that leaves you hurting for a few days... but then again those falls always give me such a rush that they're almost worth it. Besides that, the money sucks.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
pro- progression, friends, hot chicks, surf/snowboard feeling

cons- guys full of themselves, rednecks, expensive, not finding friends who love it, police
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       07-23-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
Hey, to everybody that posted thanks alot cause it was alot of help. Thanks guys...now go out there and go big!!!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
post the report

what did you score?
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       07-23-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
I am still working on the paper right now and it is due on thursday, I will post the final when I finish it up.