Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
A couple more from the trip.

http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/Darren-s-NWWF-Experience_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20309

http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/Jakober-s-NWWF-Video_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20308
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Sweet, thanks Cliff for putting those together.

Daren looks so chill when he is riding, smooth as butter!

It's amazing looking back at video from 1992 compared to today: http://www.wakepics.com/img/20304
How far things have come!

Thanks again Cliff,
jjakober
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-26-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
Yeah, thanks for working on those Cliff, and thanks again for organizing the event.

Jason, nice front flips man. Pretty awesome to get punched in the junk and go back for more.

I'll be working on my R2R for next year.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-27-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Nice riding. For your guys skill level you could definately step up your tricks. Daren have u tried toeside back rolls or front rolls you have a really good toeside edge.
Jason what is the key to that front flip I have been trying to get it down for a while but I keep frantruming. I can do all kinds of spinny flippy stuff but I cant get that basic invert down.
Good riding
BCP Mike
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
What was the song in JJackober's video section? James Brown? That was great!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-27-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Jason...I noticed that you too do the "post-invert-hoppy-thing." Every time you come down from like a roll or tanny, you do a little bunny hop about two seconds afterwards.

I think we both have some sort of chronic illness. We should start an organization or something.
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-27-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
BCP Mike - Thanks, the problem is that we've experienced quite a few injuries between us. I have gone into the last 3 ski seasons with something wrong (2 surgeries and one "grade 2 MCL, ACL, PCL, and bone bruise"). I used to have scarecrows and HS3s down, but got worked pretty hard on those and am determined to have a good ski season this winter. I think TS Backrolls would be a good (safe) replacement for the scarecrow and actually tried one last time I rode as well as a TS3. My tantrum is getting worse and worse, I call it "my style", probably crashed 50 times last season trying to do it right (like Jakober), then said F that.

You should see Jakober's knee braces - 2 ACLs and a broken femur that I know of. Ratchets and clamps everywhere. Pretty awesome. Jason rips for sure, he could easily do any trick he wanted.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm trying not to get worse as opposed to trying to get better. But I'll see if I can get that TS Backroll.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-27-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing your vids with the board. I loved that. That's a lot of injuries. Any advice on how to avoid that and still progress? I'm probably just about getting good enough to start hurting myself.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-27-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
One little tip on your tantrums that might help is starting a little wider and get more speed and then look straight back. Also bend your knees and pop straight up. Good riding and good luck
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-27-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
Hey Fuel, the song is "They don't want music," by the Black Eyed Peas.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
Thanks, Barrett! Is the rest of their music like that? If so, I might have to pick up their album.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
B.C.P.

The thing for me to prevent the frantrum is to put my chin down and toward my front shoulder. The frantrum happens when I put my ear toward my front shoulder and let my chin lift up.

Good luck,
jjakober
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-28-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Fuel, yah the album is pretty diverse, and worth owning. It should get people gettin' jiggy with-it in your boat.