Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-29-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
here is the setup. I have a sony deck with a sub output and front output. I have 3 amps. A kicker 400.1 for 2 JL 10's, a pioneer 4 channel(not sure the model) for the 4 interior 3-way pioneer 6.5's and a kicker 800.4(monster amp) for 6 Pioneer 6.5's on the tower. Right not I have a set of RCA's running the sub amp. I also have a set of RCA's from the front output that is split right before it goes into the 2 inputs on the Kicker 800.4. The pioneer amp is hooked up using the deck speaker wires(I have heard this is not ideal). I am planning on running the front outpout on the deck to the 4 channel Pioneer. Do I have to split the RCA's so there are 2 sets going into the amp? This amp has an output set of RCA connections so I was going to run this set of outputs to the Kicker 800.4. Again do I need to split the RCA's or can I just put in the one red and black. Would it be better to split the Front output on the deck right away and run a set to the pioneer and a set to the Kicker 800.4? Also The 800.4 has 4 speakers run off 2 of the channels and 2 speakers ran off the other 2 channels. I am thinking that this means all speakers are receiving ~100 watts with 2 channels of the amp at 4 ohms and 2 channels at 2 ohms. Does this sound right? Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-29-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
I would run your RCA's from the head unit with a spliter from Kicker rather then running them from the Kicker 800.4 to the pioneer.

Your kicker amp with amp 1 is giving 100 watts per channel to your speakers at 4 ohm. Amp 2 is giving 200 watts per channel at 2 ohms.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_537_Kicker+02KX800.4+KX-Series+02KX800.4.html