Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-11-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
My boat is totaled. After the fire there's been cracking in the hull and a bunch of other heat damage that the insurance company couldn't deny. My trailer isn't totaled though so I'll have to make sure I buy the same color boat. By the time I get the check and everything taken care of it will probably be to late for this season.

Gonna have to watch close for the Baby X-Star.
Old    edward            03-11-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
that sucks.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-11-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Your boat was one of the nicest boats Ive ever seen. Sorry man.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-11-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
I am very happy. I can order another one. I was worried they weren't going to total it and I'd be dealing with problems for years.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2005, 10:44 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good opportunity to give your insurer a plug :-)
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-12-2005, 3:55 AM Reply   
Congrats! That really is good news - it was sick to see such a nice boat destroyed but now you can sleep easy knowing that whatever you choose to end up with will be 100%. Now start shopping !
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-12-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
What happened?
Old     (coorslight)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-12-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
Derek -
There is no way I would ever give the insurance company a plug. They are terrible and I would never recommend them to anyone. After seeing everyone's insurance company respond,(I alone had four different carriers to deal with) our boat insurance company was by far the worst. Once this is all over I plan to give a write-up on what John and I have learned, however the arguements, phone calls (or lack of), complaints, and aggrevation that John and I had to go through would never warrant a plug. I know that from a distance, it would appear that "all is well" it's truely not. It has been miserable, and is still far from over.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-12-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
It shouldn't take them THAT long to get you a check. Once you have the moolah, you can get a new boat quick, even if you have to order it you should get it by the time the snow melts up there, right? In my experience with insurance companies, once they decide if it's totalled or not, they wrap things up pretty quickly. I definitely would write up every little thing you had in the boat that was destroyed, even stuff like the RCA cables for your stereo, drink huggies, cd's, etc. It adds up quickly.
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2005, 3:08 PM Reply   
What happened, and when?
Old    hyperryd            03-13-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
John, what happened to your boat really sucks. You had a beautiful boat. I do agree with you though, that you are way better off having the boat totalled instead of having to worry about more problems down the line. You probably could have sold it, but you would have taken a loss if you told the truth about it or you would have felt guilty if you cleaned it up and said it was perfect.
Now you just have to go through the whole boat buying process again. I personally had fun buying my boat, it just drove me nuts waiting for it. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old    whitechocolate            03-13-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
New Boat sounds like the silver lineing in this dark cloud of you having to wait. I hope your new boat is as nice as your last one. BTW you shold pick a better color than RED, LOL
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-14-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
For those that don't know, Ken and John's boats were victim to a fire in a storage facility. There's was just two boats that were affected, not to mention two go fast boats, cars, trucks, atv's, etc, etc.

After seeing what these two have gone through with their insurance company, there's no way in hell I would go with them.

John's Boat post fire
Ken's boat before fire
Ken's boat after fire
Old    polskadan            03-14-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
I hate all insurance companies....they are the scum of the earth...jk, maybe...but really they are very corrupt...
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       03-14-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
dude that sucks. I am sorry to hear about that. Good luck with everything. Hope it all works out.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-14-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
I heard from a few people that same insurance company was difficult to work with after the hurricanes last summer in Florida.

Oh well, it sounds like they made the right decision about the X2. Good luck getting back on the water in '05.
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
Which insurance company?

Just want to know so I don't ever use them, or if I already do, I'd like to switch carriers.
Old     (coorslight)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
Ski-safe, which we found out is actually only the broker. Ace Insurance (which ski safe has now dropped) is the actual carrier. However, like we said, once this is all done we will be giving you a fill on Ski-Safe as well. I had heard good things about them, people have hit things and been taken care of. But for now, I'll just leave it as they were nowhere to be found.
Oh, and it looks as if John got some good news, they may take his trailer, where it looks as if I have to keep mine.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
I had ski safe about 2 years ago...they were very quick in processing my claim. I hit somthing..it was about a 3k claim. Very easy to deal with too. I'm w/ Boat US now. They have the same rates , but better coverage and lower deductibles ($150)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-15-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
wow im glad im switching from boaters insurance because they use ACE as well ,luckily i had no claims the last two seasons but decided to look around for different insurance..decided on state farm for this year ,we will see how this goes..they are my home and auto insurer already so im sure it will be cool..

well im glad your getting your boat covered and a new one on the way...

Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
I have Progressive Ins. Are they any good?

I've had them for about four years now. I'm not sure how they handle claims. I've never made a claim and I'm hoping I never have to, but just in case; Has any of you delt with progressive Ins?