Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-13-2010, 7:04 PM Reply   
I swapped my stock 14x20 prop for an Acme 14.5x16 last year. Now I'm thinking about going to a 14.5x14.25. Is there a market for used props? I can't find many listed online.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
I have one for sale on ebay right now. Seems like the damaged ones drag the market down and everyone is afraid to to buy one for fear of getting a lemon.

I expect to get around $120 for mine, and it has never been reworked or dinged. Time will tell. I am probably giving it away considering that this prop new would be $400, but I can't have it gathering dust in my garage all year.

So the short answer is that used props do not seem to hold their value well, IMHO.

Mastercraft 13.7 X 19.5 OJ prop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-19-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
There are some listed on here. I think $200-$275 or so is the market price (about half off a new prop).
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-19-2010, 6:46 PM Reply   
Probably also depends on the pitch and size of the prop. I think prop technology is still advancing. The prop I am selling was the prop that MC put on their X-45's when my boat was produced in 2006, but now they have switched to another prop (like I have) so that makes this prop best for a spare, and less people want it for the primary prop. And so they are not willing to pay as much. Even for the right size and pitch, I think it is going to be tough to get $200+ for a prop.

Any prop that has been reworked would scare me, but that is because I have had one on my Tige that was reworked that never was perfect again, and the damage was minimal to start with.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-20-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltigeguy View Post
I expect to get around $120 for mine, and it has never been reworked or dinged. Time will tell. I am probably giving it away considering that this prop new would be $400, but I can't have it gathering dust in my garage all year. ]
I am a genius. My prop went for $122. So that is one answer for you.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-20-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
Yea , paid 200 for a Acme 515 that was redone by Acme & no one even bid on it but me. Well you figure that if you spend $100 to have one redone it's still cheaper than a new one..
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-21-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
Hi I have one for sale

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...26302-oj-prop/