Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
Hey WakeWorld friends!
Can you al help me with a little experiment. I’m trying to find out the most preferred stance option between boat and cable/rail riders.

I personally spend most of my time hitting rails and prefer a really wide stance (28 inches) My knee’s and balance are most comfortable with that.
I was curious as to what everyone else prefers and what everyone else would like if you don’t have the stance they desire on the board you currently ride. Or any other thoughts.

I’ll list some stance ranges from popular boards for reference. Could you please tell me what you like and what you normally ride behind (boat, cable, jet ski, winch, etc, etc)

My personal opinion is that all boards should have a super wide stance, a “regular” stance width and a slightly narrower one. Making all insert holes potentially serve a purpose. Share your thoughts.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Stance widths (all 2010 models)
LF Watson 143: 23-27”
LF Witness 140: 22-26”
LF Lyman 139: 22-26”
Byerly Monarch 54: 19-25”
Obrien Valhalla 138: 21-25”
Obrien Player 143: 22-26”
Ronix One 142: 19-25”
Ronix Bill 142: 19.5-25.5”
CWB Absolute 141: 22-26”

Couldn’t find the exact numbers on the flex boards but I know they run a pretty dam wide stance.
And couldn’t find anything on hyperlite but I was told their new nova track system runs 3” wider than their bio counterparts.

Thanks!
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-11-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
interesting subject, i'll be lurking on this thread.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-11-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
What board did you manage to get a 28" stance out of? Personally, I rock my stance all the way out on everything (08 Ibex 139 and Capita Indoor Survival FK 156 snowboard), which happens to be 25". I'm 6'1" so I dont really run into issues with comfort because my stance is too wide. I like the stability for rails on my snowboard, and for jumping on snowboard and wakeboard. I'm guessing most people run their stances as wide as they can get.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
When you'd put the adapters on a 2009 ronix boots with the 2009 146 One or 2009 144 Ibex you'd get 28". Loved it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
Ahh, the old "gangster stance"...haha. That totally takes me back to that WSR spoof article in WBM (in like 1999 or something) where they actually used the fin holes for their bindings. haha.

Its all preference but I would like to see more inserts and the potential to run a wider stance on wakeboards. I am all the way out on my wakeboards as well...yet on my snowboard I can still go further out with the same stance width. I would also like to see closer insert patterns (like the lib tech boards).
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
I would love to be able to run something like a 28" stance on my wakeboard because it just doesnt feel that wide (compared to my snowboard, probably because of the rocker). I am guessing they dont usually go that wide because of the lenth limitations of the board. There comes a point when you are just too far over the nose or tail of the board for it to ride properly (except with you get into the big boy boards).