Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (7islands)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Sup guys,

I want to try whirlybirds today as I am very comfortable doing tantrums and spins. Ive looked at the trick tip section so I have a goods starting idea of how to trow the whirly. If you have anything that would help when learning this trick, let me know!

Thank
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-27-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
Dave Briscoe has a great write-up at his site under the "tricks" tab. Check that out

www.thewakeboarcoach.com

(Message edited by garret_s on July 27, 2006)
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
I would say try them with the driver doing a slight turn. This will give you a little slack in the line to get the over head three down. If there is too much line tension the trick will pull you out the front.
So if you are right foot forward have the boat turn to the right and if you are left foot forward turn to the left. this is how I have taught some people whirlys. This is also how I learned big worms. Later, Mike
Old     (7islands)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Once you land them with the slight turn you can start doing them without that slight turn easily?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Yes you just need to get used to that line tension. If you try and learn it without the turn it is very easy to be pulled out the front. I usually do my big worms with a slight turn. But I do my whirlys now going straight. It just helps with learning. Also if you can get on a tramp and practice them that will help a bunch as well. later BCP MIke
Old     (7islands)      Join Date: May 2006       07-28-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
yeah but my tramp isnt very safe, not a super bouncy one hehe
Old     (geoff_isringhausen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
All that you have to do is go up for a W2W Tantrum and immedialtey off of the wake turn your head away from the boat and pull the handle right up next to your face. The most important and hardest part to get about this trick is getting the handle right up next to your head. If you can do this you can do a Whirly no problem.