Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-23-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, sorry it's been awhile since I've been on here, but I was just curious if the Wakeworld Charity Golf tournament is still alive, and if so, when it is.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
no more ww golf tourneys. that's what i heard anyway.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-23-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
It died when they took the Pro Tour away from So Cal. The only way we can do it cost effectively is to have all the pros in town for an event and piggyback onto that. Hopefully, we can do it again some time down the road. Those tournies were a good time!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
you should have one anyway, with the members of this site. i'm willing to bet you'd get a lot of takers, including me! i have my own clubs and everything!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-23-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
I would play golf with you fools
but make up your mind before first weekend in june, so i can bring my clubs next time I go home.

Also taking a surf trip to costa rica june 9-17 so don't have it then either. haha
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Im in for a golf Tourney.
I'll even help set it up if need be.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Actually, I take that back. I do not want to be responsible for all you Misfits and Delinquents!!!!!!!!

Golf Shop Guy " Ummmmmm Mr Webb. Do you know who drove the golf cart into the lake? Also on Hole 13 some guys were riding some sort of Snowboard thing across the pond and were being pulled by That hopped up Golf Cart with 4WD."

" We are going to ask you to leave right now"
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
Im in if we can make it mid-cal. You guys dont have anything on my 95+ avg.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
lol I thought I was the only one who played golf and wakeboarded, its such a great combination
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-24-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
Dave, I would fly out to play in a WW tourney. Fire it up!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-24-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Actually, it was pretty difficult to get people out to the tourneys even with the pros in attendance. The only time you can get a golf course to let you take over for a day at a reasonable rate is on a weekday and not many seem to be willing to take a day off work to go golfing.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-29-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Dave,

Are there any medium/large companies we could piggy back off of that would be down for a charitable golf tourney? Or maybe even the San Diego ski club or a college team that could help throw it...just looking for an excuse to get wasted with John and AJ, and play some golf...never mind, I take that back. I never needed an excuse before.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Well then what about making it more unofficial, drinking a little less and just getting together and having a fun time? Get the WW peeps at a course with lakes nearby and make it a weekend. If you want it mid cal, there are two quality courses in Paso Robles and Lake Nacimiento & Lake San Antonio are within 15 minutes. As always, don't threaten me with a good time, not this guy...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-29-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
It also really isn't necessary to have pros out for a WW golf outing.

Being on a weekend would be essential though.
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
I think we should have it in Canada!!!!

Don't blame me for trying.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-30-2007, 2:34 AM Reply   
That would be a good time. Maybe we can do something in the Fall before it gets to chilly. Summer is crazy busy for me.