Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (boardin4364)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-20-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
Well I have pretty much narrowed the search down to these two setups for my wife. Was wondering if anyone has ridden either and what their thoughts were.

Shes 5'7 135lbs and is a beginner for the most part. Going with the 135's on the board. She was clearing wake 2 wake 2yrs ago, but we have since had 2 baby girls so she took the summers off and is now ready to get back into boarding. So would say she's back to beginner. She's not crazy into it and will probably only ever go wake 2 wake toe and heel with some grabs. She just enjoys it and loves to have fun. I know demo would be ideal but where we are the shops are 1.5hrs away...so want to get some insight before we decide which is right for her. Just would love to hear some input. I know she loved the diva as that was her board in the past. Heard very good things about ronix but couldn't find any inof or reviews.

Thanks
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-20-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Hey wakeguy. I don't ride either one, but I will tell you about my setup that I love. I have the 2006 CWB Lotus 131 with the Torq Hinge bindings. It's a very forgiving board with or without the fins. If you read in some of these other threads that have been posted, many of the ladies would say the same. (Congrats on the baby girls and happy early father's day!) I started late last season due to having a few lil ones of my own. But it's an awesome beginner board that will advance with you. Hopefully I didn't make your decision any more difficult. Check out its stats on the WakeWorld home page; "Equipment & Reviews" If you don't already know, it has all the wakeboards listed with a very detailed discription. Good luck and i'm sure she'll be happy with whatever you guys choose.
Old     (wakejunkie)      Join Date: May 2007       05-21-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
I just purchased the LF Angel with Element bindings and am very pleased with the way it rides. The cupped fins, in my opinion, are wonderful but all the fins can be removed should she decide to become a renegade rider. The bindings are comfortable but are a little tight on the toes but they are already loosening up a bit. I would highly recommend this board to anyone.

Good Luck
Old     (boardin4364)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Nhu and Noel thanks a ton for the input so far. Nhu I was really leaning towards a CWB board setup for her I think the Saphire is just way too much board for her though and the Lotus only comes in that 31......Would love to see the lotus in a 135 and would get her into the sage hinge bindings.

I myself am a CWB fan Ride the Transcend with the factions. Always loved the ride of CWB boards.
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-21-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
You said that your wife just had 2 girls... how long ago was that? Because it takes 2 years to get back down to your original size and weight. The lotus's weight range is up to 140lbs. so if she's still losing weight the lotus is still an option. I found the '07 Lotus w/Bliss hinge bindings for $299 at glassandpowder.com Well keep us posted on what setup she ends up getting. And again good luck!!