Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
love em hate em?

im wondering who on here has one and how do you like it? quality/craftsmenship?

I want to put one on my boat, but want to hear from the horses mouth about them?

Ive heard people say they rattle,

ive seen a few boats with towers with cracks, and plan to do some reinforceing of the fiberglass under neeth the deck. and am prepaired for the stress cracks. want to hear from u guys with towers on your older boats?

thanks.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
I put one on my Malibu when they first went into business about 5 or 6 years ago and thought that their product was a very good one. I think you are going to get rattle out of any tower you put on your boat so I don't think that question is valid. As far as quality and craftsmanship it is still to this day copied by a lot of manufacturers with all of the billet clamps and racks you see. They used to guarantee their towers won't cause stress cracks and if they did they repaired them, I don't know if they still do or not. You should give Rio a call at Boss and ask him some questions about his stuff.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-08-2005, 11:54 PM Reply   
I had the first fully collaspable tower made my Boss and will say it was solid, much more so than a factory tower on a name brand boat. Because it was a first production unit, they made an improvement in design where the tower developed a small crack. The only thing Rio said was "bring it by and we will fix it" and they did upgrade it. The service I received was top notch. From a former happy owner.
Old     (masterxstar)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
you cant go wrong with a boss tower
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2005, 5:26 PM Reply   
I have had nothing but good times with my boss tower. I had the boys in Sac-town install it as well. Very little movement side to side in rough water, even with six speakers, tower box and loaded racks. It is a little taller than some of the other towers I have seen which means at 6'3" tall and a 10" tower box I can walk under my tower standing straight up but doesn't collapse as far down either. I have had mine on for 2.5 years and no stress cracks yet. My profile pic has an older picture without the speaker box, but it is one of the best looking and functional towers imo.

(Message edited by phatboypimp on September 16, 2005)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-16-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
I had a Boss on my Pro V and liked it. I think they look really good when you are looking at it from the front of the boat. I dont like the looks of them from the side though.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2005, 3:55 AM Reply   
CAR, i'm sure the new illusion x doesn't rattle too much...
Old     (ozzgood)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-18-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
I have the custom swoop on my boat and love it ...I agree with Tom you can,t go wrong...