Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-05-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-05-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Very nice! I like that one.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-05-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
That actually seems kinda retarded
Old    deltahoosier            09-05-2012, 7:30 PM Reply   
Uh.... there is no such thing as a accidental pregnancy. Considering sex is for having babies, then........ Like they said on SNL, sex can wait, master...... Other than that, the original post is retarded.
Old    deltahoosier            09-05-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
Also, you do not have an organization like planned parenthood giving out cheap condoms so they will let girls get pregnant so they can profit from abortions (look it up). Also, if worn properly a life jacket will not let you drown and people are meant to swim in the water where sex is made for _______ (fill in the blank)?
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-05-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
"Considering sex is for having babies...blah blah blah"

Wow, what a load of crap! Most of the time me and most others in this world have had sex, it sure as hell wasn't to make babies. Therefore one needs protection not to have them when that's not what they're having sex for.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-05-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
I believe in late term abortion for some babies, up to maybe forty years of age or so. I think this site would really benefit from some of those types of abortion...

Sandra Fluke could be the poster girl for the new late term abortion rules, we could have George Bush looming over her with a hanger. The bill would pass unanimously with republicans.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-06-2012, 5:13 AM Reply   
^For once (or maybe twice), I agree with you Tucker. Republican lawmakers only care about babies when they are in the womb.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-11-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
That ad is pretty funny when you realize what it pokes fun at.
Old     (Joehekler)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-11-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
Not quite the same kind of thing... The analogy just doesn't hold up. Wes.....you're an idiot, just like the people that created this ad...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-11-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

The abstinence jab is pretty spot on afaict.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-11-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
I am going to say, let's get real. Brett hits the nail on the head. Lots of people have lots of sex, from their teens to their elder years. Most of the time they do it for the experience, not to make a child. I know that is not everyone's lifestyle, but live and let live. The main thing is that the option should be available either way to be protected and educated in how the body works.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-11-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Rich, don't be such a slut.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-11-2012, 4:43 PM Reply   
So the moral of the story is...............Bang beeyotches?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-12-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
I love that the anti-choice people's responses can be boiled down to : "that's stupid, your stupid, you suck!"

Way to argue a point. I've completely changed my mind now.
Old     (Joehekler)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-12-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
Its blows my mind how stoked you all are on having the right to take away innocent HUMAN life just so people can continue to live their lifestyle of mistakes. You have the choice to use birth control, so why is it right to destroy a life that was created when you chose not to use it? You're free to choose your actions, but not the consequences....
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-12-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
Only on WW a thread like this would turn into a debate about abortion
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
Raf, the lifejacket thing is just a joke. Republicans think that if a woman is raped her body can terminate the pregnancy as long as the rape was "legitimate".

So if some poor woman gets pregnant (by rape or accident) and has not got the finances to raise a child, she should be forced to deliver the baby and the innocent baby and society can suffer the consequences for the rest of his innocent life.

If you are against abortion you need to step up to the plate and go adopt an unwanted child, there are plenty of them. Get an older one because no one wants them. I'm pretty sure that once you are saddled with your unwanted child you will begin to see abortion differently.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-13-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
For everyone who is against abortion, are you pro-povery and pro-continuance of poor people and horrible living conditions? Maybe if we gave out birth control and contraceptives to the masses and took some preventative action then America wouldn't be the dump that it is today.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-14-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
I hate to jump in on stuff like this but here are my thoughts....

I think this statement is wrong
Quote:
Republicans think that if a woman is raped her body can terminate the pregnancy as long as the rape was "legitimate".
... It sounds like it only 1 or 2 guys who feel this way, the rest of the party disagrees with them

My overall stance on abortion is I certainly don't think it should be a method of "birth control" .... as in if some girl keeps humping everything she sees and keeps getting knocked up she shouldn't be able to cruise down to the abortion clinic a few times a year and flush it out. With that said, I've seen some parents who in their attempts to raise the kids, abortion would have been a far more humane way to go..... so people cannot raise kids and should not. Whether they do not have the financial means to do so, they are not old/mature enough, or the retards who leave their kids in a hot car to do (or some other stupid ****).... honestly the "Pro-Lifers" cannot tell me flushing out a fetus the size of a peanut is worse than letting a 3 year old bake in a hot car to die.

I also think if a girl is raped (especially in the case of incest) and the child was clearly conceived by some ******* forcing himself on a women, she has been through enough... being able to choose if she will be delivering that child should be an option. Also if the mother/child's life is in danger because of the pregnancy then I think there should be choices.

As mentioned there are also soooo many wishful parents out there that have to go through so much trouble to even be considered for adoption.... and even if/when they're approved it is absurdly expensive and generally end with them going overseas to acquire children. My aunt and Uncle adopted two kids from Russia a few years back, years of checks, paperwork, etc etc etc all capped off by three trips to Russia to get the kids.... it is really an awesome story of how these kids were in a ****hole orphanage with about 0% chance of having a good life and then all of a sudden.... POOF! they're magically whisked away to Wisconsin to live with a couple that loves the bejesus out of them and has the financial ability to provide them any opportunity they could ever want. It took it hitting home for me to understand how much stress and struggle it is to adopt kids to realize what a shame it is that more children are left/stuck in bad situations because of the hurdles involved.
*I understand their purpose though of the paperwork/screening/ect .... lots of weirdos out there who should be scooping up kids like crazy*

When Akin talks about legitimate rape I laugh because it is just stupid.... but playing the Devil's advocate I can maybe put a spin on it that makes it less bat **** crazy....
I can think of many occasions through college where there would be girls out at a party wasted out of their minds.... just stupid drunk. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know they were going home with some pathetic ******* who was clearly taking advantage of the drunken state.... I can almost guarantee that they would go home, plow, and the girl was asking for it every step of the way. Next morning she wakes up realizing she is sort of a whore and needs a scapegoat excuse out of it so she says "He raped me" to absolve her mind of being a tramp. Perhaps that is what Akins Jesus-freak brain is trying to say be he totally botched the delivery.... and 9th grade health class.

I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THIS IS ALWAYS THE CASE! I certainly there there are also plenty of forceful rapes, roofie based rapes, and times when the girl is actually so drunk she has passed out and her saying yes/no isn't possible.... these are absolutely wrong and the guys responsibly should end up in prison getting raped so hard the room stinks daily.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 09-14-2012 at 7:06 AM.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-14-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
If abortion is murder, then jerking off is genocide and swallowing is cannibalism.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-14-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
lol!
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2012, 6:21 PM Reply   
I HATE when people over think things too much.. exhibit A
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-30-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Well, I know everyone here likes getting in the water!