Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-15-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Why would someone who doesn't wakeboard, get a nod from Nautique. Isn't there riders deserving of Nautique's attention? Are they just trying to draw in the MX crowd to buy boats?
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       12-15-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
I dont know for sure buy i think charmichael deserves it. there is alot of mx riders that wakeboard also. and nautique also sponsors the biggest ameature mx race, loretta lynns. travis pastrana also is a nautique rider. we all know that they are probably the 2 best riders ever i mean come on the GOAT and the wonder boy.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-15-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Pastrana is not a Nautique rider. It is Mastercraft, He has a bright yellow X-Star at Medina Lake, Texas.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-15-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
yup robert is right on pastrana. in my opinion i think that its great advertisement giving the number one mx guy a boat. there are way more people that ride mx than wakeboard so why not. a lot of people mark out to RC and when it comes time for them to buy a boat guess what boat they will buy. not only that but mastercraft sponsors the supercross series and every race there is an x-star sitting in the middle of the track.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-15-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
It started with Jeremy McGrath, in fact there is some video of him doing a sketchy backroll at canyon lake in one the the old Terra Firma videos. I believe he was the first one to get a boat.

This has always made a major statement in my mind about where boat/wakeboard companies think their advertising dollars are best spent.
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-15-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
ye thats class
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-15-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
i forget the guys name but they called him the flying hawaiin. he was sponsored by nautique.

I remember watching a pastrana mx movie and on the cover one of the sponsors was mastercraft
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-15-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
That would be Clifford Adoptante (The Flyin Hawaiian)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-15-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Clifford is amazing... Mike Masons style can't be beat though
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       12-15-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
oo sorry guys i guess i got pastranas boat sponsor confused
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Mastercraft sponsors supercross. they have a boat at each race. with them sponsoring that i think it would be smart for other manufacturs to sponsor one or 2 riders. i knot brain deagon gets a x-star to use as a pro-mo boat.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-16-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Ya but in all the magazines, you'll see a one-page Nautique ad fairly often.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-17-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I believe James Stewart is also sponsered by Nautique.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-17-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
bubba is the man.

Robert, are you talking about Medina Lake in SA? Does Pastrana come down here a lot?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       12-17-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
Reed gets a Centurion.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-17-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
i think stewart is sponsored by mc. didnt someone put pics of his x2?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-17-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
na he's with CC...there's was something on here about that not too long ago
Old    K.B.C.            12-17-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Carmichael is with CC. I think it's a bit strange, but what do I iknow about marketing boats.

http://www.correctcraftboats.com/news/rc.pdf

http://www.planetnautique.com/
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-17-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
By Liquid Sports Marine (top_100) on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 6:10 pm:

James bought a 2007 MasterCraft X2 for his 21st birthday. I can't say enough about James. What a classy, well spoken, polite young man he is. He comes by it honesty, because his parents Big James and Sonya are 1st class all the way. This 07 MC X2 is going to be parked in good company, a Ferrari, Lamborgini, Rolls and Bentley are now the X2's roommates. James said he wanted a MasterCraft after seeing it several times at Supercross through out last season. I am honored to be the dealer of his choice. This is my first post here on WW, not that I dont read the threads, I just don't want to get involved in a lot of the politics/boat wars as you guys call it. I do however think this is a very informative board.
Upload

he may be with cc now but he bought a mc a while ago
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-17-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
By Liquid Sports Marine (top_100) on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 6:10 pm:

James bought a 2007 MasterCraft X2 for his 21st birthday. I can't say enough about James. What a classy, well spoken, polite young man he is. He comes by it honesty, because his parents Big James and Sonya are 1st class all the way. This 07 MC X2 is going to be parked in good company, a Ferrari, Lamborgini, Rolls and Bentley are now the X2's roommates. James said he wanted a MasterCraft after seeing it several times at Supercross through out last season. I am honored to be the dealer of his choice. This is my first post here on WW, not that I dont read the threads, I just don't want to get involved in a lot of the politics/boat wars as you guys call it. I do however think this is a very informative board.
Upload

he may be with cc now but he bought a mc a while ago
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-17-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
sorry about the double post...
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-18-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
Ben to answer your post, ya it is Medina Lake here in Texas. I'm not to sure how often he comes down but I am at the lake all the time and saw him or at least his boat out about 6 or so times this past summer. You live in SA too huh. We should get together and ride some time. I mostly ride boat but like to ride at TSR as well. I think I remember trading you out some Cell boots here at Sail and Ski cause you had gotten the wrong size or something. Anyways, it would be cool to ride with someone new, it always is.
Old     (bellada1)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-18-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
im thinking that x2 isnt in the garage anymore.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1030