Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (broskier77)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-23-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
Hello everyone. So i am surfing behind a 2000 Malibu Sportster. I am having trouble finding the sweet spot. I am using the wedge. I keep getting a huge rooster tail. When I don't get a rooster tail, I can not find the sweet spot. Can anyone help me how much weight I need and where on the boat that weight should be? And I am not alloed to have ballast on my lake. The lake is too small and our docks are to low to the water for the big waves. The only weight i can have is people. Please Help!!
Thanks!
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-23-2013, 9:14 PM Reply   
Sounds like you need allot of people then. Or hide some tractor weights. I had a 96 Malibu sunsetter. The wedge causes a higher rooster tail.

One question is your sportster a dd or v drive?

Put all your friends on the surf side as far to back as you can. The have your driver turn slightly to the side your surfing.
Old     (broskier77)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-24-2013, 5:11 AM Reply   
I will try this. The Sportster is a dd. I think this would make the wake smaller since the engine is in the middle of the boat and not the back. So should I put the wedge down? And Thanks for the Help!!
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-24-2013, 7:17 AM Reply   
I would try it with out the wedge if you can get a bunch of people.
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-24-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
I surf a 96 prostar 205. Though I'm able to weight it. I put 800 in the back, 500 on the surf side and sometimes 500 in front though it surfs w/o the front weighted.

I'd stick four 200lbs guys in the back two 200lbs on the surf side and see what happens.
Old     (broskier77)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-24-2013, 8:40 AM Reply   
Alrighty. I will try that and I will see what hppens. Thanks!!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-25-2013, 2:37 PM Reply   
Find another lake/river and sack it?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-25-2013, 7:12 PM Reply   
Without ballast its really not going to work. Like some said if you can get like 8 or 9 people piled on each other in the rear surf side corner.