Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-06-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
I don't seem to go to the classifieds as much since you can't read what people or posting or know when its sold. Anyone else not checking it out as much? I liked reading the posts there on some of the stuff.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
I don't go anymore at all. I used to like to peruse randomly. I also don't think I'll ever post anything for sale now that it costs because in reality, the depth of people looking here is pretty minimal, and if people aren't even looking (as I am not), then there's not much incentive to post there. I will probably use Craigslist or eBay instead now. Kind of a bummer because I generally have stuff that I'm practically giving away, and it was nice to at least sell it to a fellow WW'er.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
Well actually on second look, I guess I can still do it for free as long as the asking price is not >$100.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
It only costs if it's NEW and your asking for more than 100 dollars. Used stuff is still fair game (as long as it's a private seller) for free classified sales.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
I use to check it out about once or twice a week but since the new board came into play I maybe go once or twice a month.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
Hardly look anymore.Too cumbersome to contact people and never know if iten is sold already or not.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I agree, classifieds need to be higlighted more with a way to add comments and questions. I rarely look at them either.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
I agree, classifieds need to be higlighted more with a way to add comments and questions. I rarely look at them either.
OT. What part of cumberland you normally go to? You prefer Cumberland to Dale Hollow?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-08-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
I got a lot of hits and the buyer for my boat from the new classified section.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Eric,
I ride on the east end of the lake around Fishing Creek. Its so darn close to my house, its hard to justify anywhere else! I guess if I had my preference, I would go to Dale Hollow mostly b/c there arent many go fast boats or cruisers which I hate. However, considering I can be on the water in 30 mins from my house, its hard to jusitfy another hour both ways to go to Dale Hollow. You come down to Cumberland often? Where do you ride?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
Thats cool, I have been to Burnside a few times. We normally make the trip to Star Point on Dale Hollow. Been going there for years.

I wish I was 30 minutes from the lake..
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-08-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Actually, going to a dedicated Classifieds system solved a lot of problems we had with the old system that our members asked us to fix. One of the problems was people with too much time on their hands that would go through and make unnecessary comments on the ads that the ad originator would then have to ask me to delete and then I'd have to waste time deleting something like "Your price is way too high."

Quote:
I never know if iten is sold already or not.
Huh??? The old system was really part of a discussion board that did not allow the person who placed the ad to delete the ad. Therefore, they would have to email me to have the ad removed, which they very seldom did. Therefore, there were a lot of items on there that were already sold. The new system allows the user to delete their ad when the item sells, solving the problem that members complained about.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-10-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
David,
I agree with you 100%. This new system allows you to post something without the unnecessay comments from people not looking to even buy what you ar selling, just way to much time on their hands to post their oppinions.
Old    sperbet            06-10-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Never, and I used to check it regularly for used gear. I'd prefer to have it back as part of the regular board, but that's just me.