Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
First run of the season a couple weeks ago, board goes one way and I go another, then snap! left ankle broken! surgery with 2 screws and now sitting around going nuts. I'm guessing July before I can get on the water again? just had to vent!!!LOL!!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-23-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
I broke mine twice in the water. both times it was the left. never had to have surgery thank god. it sucks man. go out there anyway and be a third or a driver that's what i did.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-23-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_49 View Post
First run of the season a couple weeks ago, board goes one way and I go another, then snap! left ankle broken! surgery with 2 screws and now sitting around going nuts. I'm guessing July before I can get on the water again? just had to vent!!!LOL!!
Damn sucks to hear. Out of curiosity...what kind of bindings were you wearing?
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
'11 Ronix Ones.....
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
July? Ha good luck with that. I would take the year off and let that ankle heal right. Not to be a downer but I broke my fib/ankle last year in April, had surgery and missed the entire summer. Rest up and take good care of that ankle! You will be back!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-23-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
yea each time i broke mine was mid summer and i was done until the following spring and i didn't have surgery. I had on 07 shanes the second time and the last parks hyperlites (06 i think) when i did it the first time.

Oh yea and mine was where the fib/ankle meets, don't remember what it was actually called because it was years ago.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Yeah, you're definitely right, just wishful thinking. def going to get out when I'm able to be all time driver...should I even try to attempt to surf?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-23-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_49 View Post
Yeah, you're definitely right, just wishful thinking. def going to get out when I'm able to be all time driver...should I even try to attempt to surf?
NO...let it heal or you could possible hinder it for your future riding.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
The very bottom part of my tibia broke completely off (medial melleolus) inside of my ankle..
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
ok, summer of relaxing and drinking it is!!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-23-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey! thanks for some inspiration, I'm guessing he didn't need surgery. gimme a few more weeks and i shud be able to pull you..btw, u stick that front roll yet?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-23-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
yea as much as you would want to surf, just be a third or learn to be an even better driver (i don't know you so i have no idea, you could be great, but there's always room for improvement). that's what i did. i'd go out there and drive everybody. or i'd go out there a few times and be the designated drinker/third. just don't push it and ruin that thing for good. oh yea and DO YOUR REHAB!!!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-23-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Np, i dont think he needed surgery but maybe he will comment... havent landed it yet but ive been close... i was going to say if you can walk with boot really well i think you should be be ok surfing. As long as the boot really prohibits your leg/ankle from moving, and you just take it real easy. And i would ask the doctor too.
Old     (BrettHowell)      Join Date: May 2012       05-23-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
I think you'll ride this summer but it'll be later than you initially thought. I broke my ankle last summer (really a crack) and I could ride in 6 weeks aggressively after 10 weeks.