Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-09-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
My platform is loose on my MC.
It seems as if the hinges have gotten somewhat bent/worn and I don't throw partys on the platform. It's only got 200 hrs on it and when I have it weighted the exhaust causes the platform to vibrate.
Anyone else's MC have loose platform syndrome?
Old    jpoppa            06-09-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
Every mastercraft platform I have seen including mine, moves. If we're sitting still the waves will make it move up and down a little bit. I think it's normal though to have a little play in it. Mine's been that way since new so I wouldn't worry about it, just check to make sure your removable pins are in place. My platform was moving a little too much one time and it was because one of the pins had fallen out somehow.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2003, 5:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, I wish it was the pins.
I may have to rig the brackets to secure it because it really is annoying. It will vibrate the hull of the boat at times.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
I second what Jordan said. My X10 platform will bounce when a wave sneaks up from behind. I don't worry about it. If you keep your platform on all the time, perhaps you could rig up some nylon shims to take the play out?
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
Same here. My x2 platform moves up and down when waves hit it. It freaked me out at first. I thought we hit a rock or something.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Yeah my swim platform moves a bit too. I found an easy fix though… add more weight to your boat… if it’s underwater it wont bother you so much.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
That's when it vibrates the most. Trust me the sucker is under water big time when we are riding. The exhaust will make it jiggle and it vibrates the frickin boat.
I was thinking shims. Didn't know you could buy nylon shims. That sounds like a good idea.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Our old boat's platform had some play in it too. I put a piece of sticky back velcro (just cuz that is what I had at hand) on each side on the bracket and then put the platform back in. The extra material in there kept it in slight tension. No more play or noise when waves hit.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
Right on.
Thanks all.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-17-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
A couple of pieces of waterproof velcro in the brackets kept the platform from moving.
Worked like a charm - easy - cheap.
Thanks Fred.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Glad the velcro worked out for you too. Gotta love it when solutions for boats for once are cheap...