Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    erlingiii            09-13-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
Today at Texas Ski Ranch I feel on my bad sholder on the fun box and had the joy of a AC sepperation, right where clavicle or collarbone meets the shoulder at the acromion. I hope it doesn't take too long to heel but I already sprained this sholder once already. I went to the school doctor at my college and it was some old guy, I dont think he really knew all of what he was talking about so I need to find someone to see if I need sugery or whatever. For now I will just have have watching everyone around me having fun wakeboarding.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-13-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
brother, I hear ya. Injuries are the worst. I blew out my knee last year and I tore the tendons in my friggin foot this year (getting old sux). I'm still riding though, I couldn't sit by and watch all my friends ride.
Old     (themann39)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
I had a first degree AC sprain earlier in the summer. The doc that i went to told me to take 2 weeks off. I did that and was out riding again the first day that i was able too but my shoulder is still not 100% and its been almost 2 months since my injury. I would take some time off and let it heal fully...if i didnt live in michigan i would have taken at least a month off but i have to get my water time in while i can.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
shoulders injuries suck. Ive injured both of mine, and reinjured one on the rails at kc watersports......

They never reheal right, get used to having problems with it. Just like im getting used to my ribs moving around, my two bad shoulders, sprained ankles that never heal a hundred percent.....one bad wrist, and two knees with constant twinges. Getting old sucks, but at least so far this is my first year riding without having to get stitches somewhere....

www.wakecoupons.com
Old    jesiday            09-14-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Erling,
Definitely take it a little easy on your shoulders at first. I've already had surgery on both of mine due to AC joint separation. I tore both of mine out training/riding horses. The separation wasn't that bad, but I overworked mine before they could heal properly. According to my doctor, the joint healed around the nerves funny and caused some calcium buildup/bone spurs on my collarbones. This lead to frequent numbness and weakness through out the joints. Long story short, they took out about a 1/4 of an inch of my collar bones on each side.

The moral of this story...take it easy for a while.

Good luck!!!
-jesi