Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-18-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
i have my 360 down to almost everytime i land it and im kinda wussin out on the backroll for a moment after a couple hard falls in a row (4 face smacks) so i was wondering what trick i should go for next
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
You could try a tantrum, the falls dont hurt that bad as long as you get all the way around. Or if your any good at toeside, maybe try a toeside 3, or 5?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-18-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
Try doing it switch
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
If you can do a 3, you can do a roll or tantrum, they're way easier. If not, maybe a backside 180?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-21-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
backrolls are the easiest trick in my oppinion. It was the first invert I learned plus I learned before trying any spins. I haven't fell on a backroll in a long time but I fall all the time on tantrums.
Old     (chadricko)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-21-2004, 11:28 PM Reply   
i am totally the opposite i can land tantrums every time even with grabs and i still fall on my back rolls. its what ever flip you land first is going to be the one your better at. plus doing a tantrum is just like doing a regular back flip of the trampoline
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-22-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
yea, i can do 360 tantrums with grabs (moby dick) on the trampoline. I still have problems with tantrums on the water.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-22-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thomas,

I agree with Kristian, if you can bust a 3, you should be able to land both the backroll, and the tantrum fairly easy. I'll try 3's, and give up after a few tries, due to the sudden headache that comes along with the crash. Basically, I'm thinking you've had worse wrecks attemping the 3, than you would on simple inverts like the backroll, or the tantum... Maybe you need some better starting advice/pointers on your 1st attempts at the inverts? Why don't you try to describe an attempt from the very beginning to the crash... In the past, I've heard some really good pointers from the guys who have already replied to your problem.

-Blake
Old                06-22-2004, 10:03 PM Reply   
Everyones different in what they can do, the fact of the matter is is that the tantrum, backroll, and 360 are three completely different tricks. Personally I think the tantrum is easiest, but coming off edge at the right time is important. backroll, I think the landing is a little harder, and 360 the handle pass took me a long time to get down, but some people get it right away. I would try the tantrum if you haven't already, look up how to do it on the web, and go for it. But whatever you do you have to do balls out or you are more likely to get hurt. Good luck.
Old                06-23-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
wait for the kick on the tantrum. don't huck it.
Old                06-25-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
well i usually make it all the way around but i cant seem to get my board straightened out
i always land with my chest and knees right towards the boat (hence the face plants) so i just need to turn the board that extra 45 degrees but i cant get it down