Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 11:49 PM Reply   
I can imagine giving up my wakeboard, but as a snowskier (park and mountain) this has me excited as all hell.....rails and switch landings and takeoffs on waterskis?

Check the vid, its kind of lame but the first tricks are cool.... http://www.nationswakeski.com/

Old    rondeaurelent            05-01-2006, 12:24 AM Reply   
Dude, IŽd say just stick to wakeboarding. Just looks sketchy to me.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-01-2006, 1:10 AM Reply   
could be the next big thing.... once they figure out how to not make it look so ghetto.

It's kinda like comparing a good skiier to a good snowboarder in the halfpipe... the skiier's flow and style can just not reach that of a snowboarder regardless of how he throws down.

It looks like a sick thing to try though!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
anodyne, i dont want to open a can of worms but you do know that skiers are doing all switch runs through the pipe and going 3-5 feet higher right?
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-01-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
Can You Say KNEE INJURIES
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
Aw hell no! Makes my groin hurt just thinking about it. Guess I have gotten use to both my legs facing the same way!

Another question - Why?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-01-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
Mike.... I do know that. But again, it's an issue of flow. For example: Ben Greenwood doesn't go as big as Parks, but he looks way better.

I am biased however, due to the fact that I was born on a wakeboard. Haha.

I can't deny the technical ability of skiiers... I think they KILL snowboarders. That having been said, I still think a snowboard flows better and just looks much more fluid. The way a snowboard allows a rider to ride, it just looks dialed for pipe/park/rails.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
^ cant argue with that, well said.

back to the wakeski....I could never give up my wakeboard and I dont think these will take off due to the angle of approach when hitting the wake but it still looks fun and I would love to try them in the cable park for sure.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
I am going to disagree with that at least in competition. If you watched the Olympics or the Xgames this year all the snowboarders did was spin as fast as they could. The skiers had much more style and flow in my opinion plus like already said they were going bigger.