Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I ride a decent amount of both boat and cable. After deciding to make the change to flex I'm not sure whether to go with the reflex or the recoil. I tried them both out on cable and slightly preferred the reflex, but I have heard that the recoil is great behind the boat. What are your opinions?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
reflex tom!! or maybe im bias because i want one. haha
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
thats what im leaning towards, but i just wanted to hear some opinions while i wait on my shipping quote haha
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
I rode both and personally I liked the recoil better. I only rode them at the cable but for me the recoil seemed to flex more, which in my opinion, was more fun. It also seemed to pop higher on my ollies and land softer off the kickers. I'm going to wait till the 2010 LF Henshaw comes out and try it before I make up my mind but right now the Recoil is my next board. Plus I'm sure the 3 stage will kick some tail behind the boat.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-10-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
+1 reflex
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
RECOIL by far!!!!!! Trust me! It is the perfect wakeboard! So much fun to ride!
-Awesome pop
-great edging
-soft landing
-easy to ride
-+++
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
well I did go for the reflex but then was informed that they are out of stock so recoil it is. Viva la slingshot!
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
You will enjoy it!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
not to hijack, but just for winching, which do you guys think is better, recoil or reflex? i really want the reflex, and no i havnt ridden either
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
thanks jon, you gave me the answer i thought i would get, i just have to get some dough together now. i really like the look of the reflex.
Old    jonklein            08-10-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
For winching the Reflex is dope, has a bit more flex on the tip and tail. Witch is rad for nose and tail presses. All 3 different boards SS has ride great. I always think like this(If I can stomp out a heel 5 with in a couple sets its good to go) I rode all 3 and landed heel 5's on all of them. Go with the one that looks the coolest.. They are all amazing boards
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
I stomped a grabbed toe 5 off the big kicker at mccormicks on both the reflex and recoil, and I have never been able to get it on my shane LTD so I guess either will work. But recoil it is! I'm pretty psyched about it and it hasn't even been shipped yet, so when it arrives I can't imagine how stoked I'll be!

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted