Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
Finally, first wrap finished. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-05-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
Wow that's a way to make a statement... It looks crazy nice, great job!
Old     (rgardjr)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-05-2010, 9:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_rookie View Post
Finally, first wrap finished. What do you guys think?
Looks good. Where did you have it wrapped? Who did the the design?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-05-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
looks good, i like it with the tint. i would like to see a pic with that teak swin deck all freshly oiled up and put back on.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-05-2010, 10:08 PM Reply   
WOW! That really nooks nice. Great job.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2010, 1:38 AM Reply   
Man that is sweet, is that a MC wrap?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-06-2010, 5:23 AM Reply   
Wow! That looks awesome!!! What does something like that cost? I've got a friend who's considering wrapping his 1999 205V.
Old     (mcrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-06-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
the wrap looks great and the tint looks good too.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-06-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
That boat scare the F*** out of me! and I like it. hahaha that looks sick man. Awesome job.
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-06-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
That is one sick a$$ baot.....
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Not posted much on here, mostly read other post so it may show up twice.

No this not a MC wrap. I posted a while back a couple ideas my brother had for a wrap to see what you all thought. He bought a graphics machine to wrap his boat and his friends boats. He idea was the charge them enough to get the printer paid for and get his wrap for free and hopefully mine. He decided to start his own business and do these wraps with a friend. This is the first wrap they did and I thought it looked good so I thought I would post it. I think they charged this guy $2600 installed for the custom wrap. I know he has talked about doing them for a bit cheaper if you have them installed yourself. I wont post his contact info because I dont know if it would piss the WW people off but you can email me and I will give you his info.
Old     (HateAndPain)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Looks good, if not a bit thugish for me but all in all pretty sharp. The tow rigs right too.
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-06-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
I like the concept, minus the ginormous skull in the middle. The wings and the rear of the boat look sick, very intricate. I'd be all over something like that if there was something decent in place of the skull.

Great job overall. Much better than I could have done on my first one!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-06-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Nice wrap. Its cool how it changes the whole look of the boat. Orange is a super cool color but you wouldn't even know it was orange unless you saw the before pic. I agree with Bryan the window tint sets it off. It extends the canvas so to speak.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-06-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
The quality of the design and attention to detail is great. I don't care for the actual design but thats just my personal taste, reminds me of an affliction shirt.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-06-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
How come every wrap has skulls on it? Is that a requirement??

Overall, nice work. And yes, I like how the windshield is part of the design.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-06-2010, 6:45 PM Reply   
Sick !!!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
I really like it! Can you imagine if there was some black rims on the trailer??
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-06-2010, 10:02 PM Reply   
Since you have first hand knowledge of this, can you tell me if you have the edges put down with clear vinyl? Check out this video - the last step they do is put down some clear vinyl (I think it is vinyl but it is some type of 3M product) on the edges of the wrap. This is the first time I have seen this. Also, do you know if they laminated the vinyl? Check out the second clip. Last, I wonder if you can put on some UV protecting clear laminate that will help with fading.

Sealing the edges...(4:00-5:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_kHpa2enw

Laminating vinyl...(1:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dOAQT0qQAk
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
Since you have first hand knowledge of this, can you tell me if you have the edges put down with clear vinyl? Check out this video - the last step they do is put down some clear vinyl (I think it is vinyl but it is some type of 3M product) on the edges of the wrap. This is the first time I have seen this. Also, do you know if they laminated the vinyl? Check out the second clip. Last, I wonder if you can put on some UV protecting clear laminate that will help with fading.

Sealing the edges...(4:00-5:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_kHpa2enw

Laminating vinyl...(1:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dOAQT0qQAk
I do know they laminated it. He has paid some expensive mistakes in the past few days. The vinyl that he originally got he found out it was no good or would not handle the water and sun like they told him it would. He found this out after it was laminated and sent to the installer. After buying the right stuff it was laminated and installed. I don't know of the other. I was not there when it was installed. email me at tntclair@gmail.com and i will give you his number. He can answer your questions if interested. I really don't know.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-08-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
i like how it goes up onto the window. Nice job! looks great