Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-30-2003, 11:39 PM Reply   
I'm not sure if any of you got a chance to read the press release on this (http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2003/trinity3.asp), but I thought it was a pretty interesting way to solve the problem of demoing boards when buying online. Seems like an awfully friendly policy for consumers. What do you think?
Old    doubleup1080            07-30-2003, 11:53 PM Reply   
Yes, I agree that it is a very friendly policy. I think it's great that anyone can demo a board for 30 days for free. I just wonder how long something this good will last.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-30-2003, 11:57 PM Reply   
It's a wonderful new gimick to get people to buy from them. This helps out all of us who can't get to a board shop to demo a board. But what's their definition of an undamaged board? When mounting bindings and fins, you usually leave some small scratches on the board. Where do you draw the line and say that the board is now non-returnable?
Old    mike_rennie            07-31-2003, 12:08 AM Reply   
It sounds really great, I bought a board online before I got to demo it and it was not quite what I wanted in a board. It was still a great board, but as expensive as these things are getting I want to get exactly what I want. The Trinity Board Shop I think has a great idea. I think I will probably get my next board there. My only concern is what they mean by damage. The first time I took my board out I had a few hardly noticable scratches on it.....would that constitute damage? I guess I could just be really careful. Also I like that whole find a better deal and I'll beat it thing it will really save me some time on searching for a good price knowing that they will probably have some of the lowest prices! I really think Trinity Board Shop has got something different their and I can not wait to make a purchase their!!!
Old    doubleup1080            07-31-2003, 12:14 AM Reply   
It definitely promotes Hyperlite since that's all Maeghan is allowed to sell. When they say undamaged they are probably refering to no dings, nicks, edges still smooth, no slider usage. The fins are going to make marks on the board where they screw in but the impression left by the bindings is still a good question.

(Message edited by doubleup1080 on July 31, 2003)
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-31-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
here's my experience- I broke my Premier a few weeks ago. I didn't buy it from TBS. Someone on WW forwarded my post to Maeghan and she called me to say that she was going to get my board replaced with a 04 model. and that she would give me a 03 premier to ride until my 04 came in. How's that for service!!!! Before I could get down there to give her my board she came up with a 03 premier and just traded me straight out. no waiting for HL to look at it and stuff. I would definetly reccommend buying a board from her. I am sure that she will do whatever it takes to make sure that you get the board you want. Thanks Maeghan!!

Alex
Old    wakeangel18            07-31-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
I saw the post and thought I better respond about “what constitutes damage”. Here is the way I see it (and I have good news at the end!).

Mounting fins or bindings to the board in no way constitutes damage. Yes, I do understand that they leave marks when mounted, and if you return the board it is not “new” any longer. However, damage to me would be dents, dings, scrapes, scratches and such that come from not taking care of the product. Remember even if you don’t want it, I still need to be able to sell it.

Lastly (here is the good news), if a board or a ski is returned then it is no longer “new” but it is still a good board, so I will sell them as a “previously ridden board/ski”. It will be discounted and not eligible for “ride for free”. The discount will be deep enough that it will be well worth checking the web site to see what is available. Keep an eye out for the Previously Ridden section as this program goes along.

Oh yeah…I do ride for Hyperlite and truly believe that they make the best product around, but I can sell any product that I choose through my store. I am going to add another wakeboard line in the next 30 days…that way I can offer more variety, but is there something out there that you guys want to see me carry? What other lines do you think I should pick up? Email me or post it here.

Thanks for the kind words,

Maeghan
Old    doubleup1080            07-31-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Thanks for posting Maeghan. I think it would be great if you sold liquid force and/or joyride.
Old    wakeboardjo            07-31-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Id just like to throw in a compliment to Hyperlite.

I had to replace a board because my old Belmont broke, the only problem I had was with the local shop( the younger kids working messed up, their supervisor was great ). Once the board actually got to Hyperlite it was out and back to me in a week and a half, from halfway across the country. Every time I called it was handled quickly and they answered every question I had. Im definitely sticking with Hyperlite in the future because service like that makes it worth it!
Old    wakeangel18            08-05-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
Hey, just wanted to thank you all for the nearly overwhelming response to the “Ride for Free” program…Thank You!

Just to prove that I listen, for all of you that asked I have added a toll free number! Call me at 888-9TRINITY (yeah, I know it’s too many numbers…but it sounds better!).

Thanks again!
Old    husband's name Day            08-05-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
my question for maeghan is return shipping... which the consumer pays for if they don't want the board...what would that run for someone like myself who lives in Idaho? If it were cheaper than what the local board shop demos their boards, I would definately be interested.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
LF would be the second line to add IMHO. Ride for Free Program sound like a really good idea. Especially if the local shops are not that well stocked...
Old    wakeangel18            08-05-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
Shipping to Idaho should Run Under 10 Dollars
Old    wakeangel18            08-05-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for your input for the board lines, I am checking in to all the board companies out there. What is your thoughts on CWB?
Old    snowdog            08-05-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
Gator
CWB
Old    saxosham            08-05-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
I think CWB are pretty good, one of my friends rides the 'Absolute' think it is one of their most common boards and its gets quite a good rating too. Personally I prefer hyperlite becasue of their warranty but I know opinions vary.....Variety is the spice of life!

Good luck Maeghan
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-05-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   

I'm with SnowDog Check out GATOR.

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Liquid Force
Old    norcal_99            08-05-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
Maeghan, Cool program.

Old    pans210            08-05-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
maeghan, im with others when i say gator. Get a company that does not have the know popularity as the big companies and is hard to get. That way people in the middle of know where, who ordinarly would have no chance at demoing/buying one of there boards, has an oppurtunity to do so know.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
Swass, this last post is calling your name.
Old    duncans            08-05-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
Hi Maeghan,

Great program.
Like snowdog and Mike, I'm really curious about gator boards.

Thanks
-d
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
I've been demo'ing boards from Ultimate Watersports here in San Jose. Their deal is the $150 you spend to demo 8 boards goes towards the cost of the board you eventually buy. It's been awesome rolling out with all new gear the last few times.

(Message edited by jwag on August 05, 2003)
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-05-2003, 9:44 PM Reply   
We went to Maeghan's shop last summer and bought my daughter (Julie) some new Hyperlite bindings for her birthday (7). Maeghan is truly as friendly and helpful in person as she is here promoting her shop. She gave us her full attention and was just super to my girls. I have recommended her shop to several of my friends. One friend was working on "wakeboarding" as a senior project. I suggested that he go visit Maeghan. He did, and Maeghan was very helpful.
I just wish her shop was closer for us. We have another birthday coming up, the Blindside "Flower Board" is at the top of the list.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-05-2003, 11:58 PM Reply   
I'm curious about Gator as well as CWB.

Any plans on doing the same thing for bindings in the future? I like the idea.
Old    absolutofft            08-06-2003, 12:25 AM Reply   
Now all we need is a free boat demo program :-) I promise I won't scratch a 2003 X-star :-)
Old     (cadmanic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
Chalk up another vote for GB.

Great program Maeghan. Even cooler that you are personally taking the time to answer peoples' questions here. You've just won yourself a new customer, hehe. I'll be heading your way for my next wake related purchase.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-06-2003, 2:31 PM Reply   
She doesn't carry O'Brien Trent. J/K.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2003, 11:26 PM Reply   
As for a second line, while there are a lot of good companies out there I think you would benefit the most from Liquid Force. They make a great product and they also make a wide variety of products. Some of the smaller new companies simply dont offer the diverse product line that the larger manufacturers do. Not only are you doing the customer a favor by offering another diverse line but you are also giving them access to the best boards on the market.

(Message edited by iewc_vp on August 06, 2003)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-07-2003, 12:24 AM Reply   
Hydroslide!! (Just joking)
I'd say LF and CWB. But to single one out, LF (as Tim said) has a wider variety of products. And they make a better board, IMO.

(Message edited by kristian on August 07, 2003)
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-08-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
Maeghan, I love the free demo program idea, way to be innovative! You just won yourself another new customer!
Old    wakeangel18            08-08-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Wanted to let you all know that tomorrow is my second anniversary for the store. I know a lot of you are not "close by" but I wanted to extend the invitation to the party and sale. No pitch here...the party including free food, drinks and margaritas starts at 7:00pm here at the store. The reggae band starts around 8:00pm and I'm shutting it down around 11:00pm. Hope some of you can make it even if just to say hi! Thanks again for all the support, it means a lot!
Old     (yeah_bud)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
Maeghan I would like to see CWB as well as NICE bindings available!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-09-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
In general, this is not a new approach to marketing. I've spoken with door-to-door salespeople who visit businesses, leave product for free (such as cook books, children's books, etc) and say they'll return in a week to retrieve the items. It's the salesperson's hope that the office employees of the business will "bond" with the items, not wish to give them back and thus purchase them. While I'm confident that Maeghan's return policy is 100% sincere, I'm also confident that as a business woman she knows that all product "handling" (whether warehouse work or office paper work) costs money. Thus, when Maeghan ships-out a demo board, I believe she banks on the posessive aspect of human nature and understands that the customer will probably bond with her product and opt to keep it. If you're walking into a store and you see a box of free puppies, you can pick one up, you can acknowledge how excellent it is, but you can easily put it right back in the box. Now try keeping that puppy for 30 days and THEN see how easy it is to give back. No, a wakeboard isn't a puppy, but people can still get quite attached to "things." Keep an eye on this Maeghan girl...she is quite a shrewd business woman AND psychologist.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-09-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
alex- uhh thanks for the insight...i'll try to resist the temptation to cuddle with my next demo board.

(Message edited by scott_a on August 09, 2003)
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-10-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
Bottom line: She is still offering more than most other shops.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
damn cool program time for me to start my program poor 14 yr old in cali tat needs money for new board donations o well guess i'll try to get teh money for christmas. or maybe i'll get a job. definetly cool tat maeghan came on here and didn't try to hide it at all definetly buying my board off your shop off if i get it online

(Message edited by wakeeater on August 10, 2003)