Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
I rode my buddy's 2010 Ronix One today and holy **** that thing is tight. It had the standard 1-inch fins and breaking it loose was scary. The speed and pop were excellent and felt pretty similar to my LF Harley, but the One was waaaaay less forgiving. My buddy says that's the reason he doesn't do many surface tricks like backside butterslides/powerslides/surface BS 180s. I wonder what it would've been like finless.

I know this board is hugely popular, but are all y'all who ride it not bothered at all by this? Is it something you just get used to? Does it become manageable with more skill/experience? I'm not knocking the board. I'm just curious!
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
Before tons of people rip on you for hating, I'd have to say I agree. Riding the One, for me, almost makes wakeboarding not fun. I absolutely hate being locked into the water like that. I rode that board for a month or so and used the hyperlite wakeskate fins.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked_32 View Post
Before tons of people rip on you for hating, I'd have to say I agree. Riding the One, for me, almost makes wakeboarding not fun. I absolutely hate being locked into the water like that. I rode that board for a month or so and used the hyperlite wakeskate fins.
Haha, thanks. I definitely didn't come in here to hate. The One is an excellent board and there's a reason so many people love it. It's just not my style.

I feel the same way you do about that locked in feeling. It's definitely less fun. I felt like I could do all the same tricks off the wake, but messing around and getting creative with surface tricks is one of my favorite parts of wakeboarding. Riding the One really made me appreciate how fun those little slides are.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-19-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
I was just talking about this with my buddy about the viva, loved the pop, but said I'd want to try it finless. Thing locks onto the water compared to what my lyman did. other than that great board.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
I was just talking about this with my buddy about the viva, loved the pop, but said I'd want to try it finless. Thing locks onto the water compared to what my lyman did. other than that great board.
Ya I'd expect that from the Viva. It's supposed to be the most tracky board in the Ronix line.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       07-19-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
Kind of similar, I came from a recoil that I rode finless to the witness grind. My first ride I thought it sucked. Could not even do a surface 180 without thinking I would catch an edge. After riding it for a couple weeks it feels great. For example I have no problem doing powerslides or anything. No problem with like wrapped landings and then doing a backside surface 180. So if it was your first time riding the one, just give it time and you'll get used to it
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       07-19-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention the molded in fins on a witness are pretty big so its probably similar to the setup you have on your one
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-19-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
maybe you need to be better to ride the one.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-19-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
LOL, im kinda confused on this one. I have been riding an '11 one with one bindings (ATR and Non ATR) and I love the board. I am able to do surface 180's, butter slides, backward butter slide(sorry dont know the name for it). I was on an 09 absolute with Zeus bindings and this board feels awesome in comparison. I have the 1 inch fins on it and its easy to kick the board sideways and get it to do what you want it to do. The pop is awesome too I thought. I'm not coming on here to hate either, Im just confused. I never had that problem.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
Wow, I guess it just takes some getting used to. I'm sure the finesse is different.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-19-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Its never felt squirrly or too dug that it wouldn't wanna go any way it wasn't ... I liked the feel of it and responsiveness better than the absolute. It is a ton lighter too.
Attached Images

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermustang35 View Post
Its never felt squirrly or too dug that it wouldn't wanna go any way it wasn't ... I liked the feel of it and responsiveness better than the absolute. It is a ton lighter too.
Nice slide! I don't have any pics of me sliding, but here's a little clip from a buttery day not too long ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQSwYel8Cc

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 07-19-2011 at 3:25 PM.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2011, 3:55 PM Reply   
Nice slides, but what I want to know is what's up with the driver pulling a big power-turn when you fell?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
Nice slides, but what I want to know is what's up with the driver pulling a big power-turn when you fell?
Uh Oh . Dunno, it was awhile ago.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
Was that a power turn at the end of that video??!

Jon beat me too it.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-19-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
I replaced the 1" fins with .8" fins and love how it feels. Really easy to break loose and still bites enough for tricks where you really have to load the line.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-19-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
It sounds like you're telling us you dont like a board that isnt suited to your riding style. Put smaller fins on it, or ride it finless if you dont like it so locked in. Its not like its a permanent characteristic of the board. I dont mind the 1" fins on my Ibex, I've gotten used to them and they suit my style of riding. If you want a board that is more loose, there are a ton out there and the One is just not for you.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
It sounds like you're telling us you dont like a board that isnt suited to your riding style.
That's exactly what I'm telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
If you want a board that is more loose, there are a ton out there and the One is just not for you.
Ya, that's why I'm sticking with my Harley. I was interested to see if everyone else found the board super tight or if it was just me.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
I used to ride a one and i thought it was one of the best boards out there. I rode it with .7s though, 1s are WAY to grippy. I thought it had butter soft landings and was just a sick board all around. I knew people that would even ride the board finless and just rely on the channels but to me this seemed dumb. .7s were perfect for it.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 6:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
I used to ride a one and i thought it was one of the best boards out there. I rode it with .7s though, 1s are WAY to grippy. I thought it had butter soft landings and was just a sick board all around. I knew people that would even ride the board finless and just rely on the channels but to me this seemed dumb. .7s were perfect for it.
Looking at the bottom of the ONE, it seemed like a board that really relied on its fins to track. It had very minimal bottom features compared to my Harley, which is covered in spines, rails, and channels, so I imagine a different fin setup would give it a totally different feel.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-19-2011, 6:32 PM Reply   
Stupid question...i take it you guys are riding with the molded fins (l&r) and the center removable fins? Or does this board not have molded fins and just theyre all removeable?? Havent seen the "one" around the lake here.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Stupid question...i take it you guys are riding with the molded fins (l&r) and the center removable fins? Or does this board not have molded fins and just theyre all removeable?? Havent seen the "one" around the lake here.
The ONE doesn't really have molded fins and there are no holes for center fins. I was riding with Ronix's removable quad fins.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-19-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
Yep i just looked it up. Ive always just riddin with my molded quad fins (PS3) no center fins thats what threw me off.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-19-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
Molded quad fins are fine IMO, but I really hate center fins.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-19-2011, 10:28 PM Reply   
I agree with the locked in feeling of the one... like some of the others on this thread the board rides much better with smaller .7 or similiar size fins. I used to ride the viva with .8" fins and it would break free way easier than my buddies one with the 1" fins. The one is still not a terribly bad 'locked in ' feeling, there are no center fins so I would imagine most people could slide around easy enough on the one. But on the same note, after being used to something with not as aggressive fins then going to the one would find it tracks a little harder for sure.

I think its all about how comfortable you are on the water... I remember first starting out wakeboarding, just for fun I took the 2" skag center fins off a hyperlite motive and I couldn't believe people could actually ride without a center fin. Now... I couldn't imagine ever riding with center fins and I'm complaining about 0.2" of an inch on side fins.. haha.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-20-2011, 1:03 AM Reply   
Thats the beauty of removable fins, you have the option to change the ride to suit you. Its amazing what different size and shape fins will do to a ride.

Thick fins, thin fins. Long fins, short fins. deep fins, shallow fins. rounded, pointed, cutaway,etc,etc,etc. all features that will affect how the board cuts through the water, release off the wake, speed, landing stability, hold to the wake, stand up to rails..........

The ONE is a great board to start with. nice rocker, channels and edges. IMO you should mess around with different fins, not just different depths but lengths, shapes and materials to see what suits you...... personally I ride the ONE with no fins at all, but tried a whole heap of varied fins before I ended up with that option.
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2011, 5:46 AM Reply   
I took the fins from my One to the bench grinder. Rode much better after that.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Why is the Jewish guy starting threads with "Jesus"?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-20-2011, 6:16 AM Reply   
silvermustang35

Killer riding shades brah LOL
Old     (matt22gonnello)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 6:26 AM Reply   
I rode the Ronix One for about 4 months and liked it at first but as my riding progressed I really started to hate it. I felt that it made boarding not fun and after a while I even stopped riding. Then my friend brought out his Hyperlite Franchise, I rode it once and got more air and pop than I ever had. Wakeboarding became fun again. Like the rest of the forumn im not trying to hate on Ronix, I think they have the best bindings in the game. but as far as boards, i think you have to go with hyperlite or liquid force. But to each his own
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-20-2011, 6:50 AM Reply   
David, haha, yeah, when we are riding and I can't see crap cause of the sun the shades help cut down glare quite a bit..plus they float... Those actually broke so I bought another pair. I usually dont ride and wear em, but guess the sun was bad then.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Why is the Jewish guy starting threads with "Jesus"?
Because I'm not actually Jewish. It's just a childhood nickname of mine.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-20-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
I had .8 fins on my 09 Viva, and I actually really enjoyed it. I should be taking my '11 Viva out today for the first time, it's got 1" fins on it, so we'll see how those go! I'll post something up then.
Old     (Quinten1993)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-20-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermustang35 View Post
LOL, im kinda confused on this one. I have been riding an '11 one with one bindings (ATR and Non ATR) and I love the board. I am able to do surface 180's, butter slides, backward butter slide(sorry dont know the name for it). I have the 1 inch fins on it and its easy to kick the board sideways and get it to do what you want it to do. The pop is awesome too I thought.
The same here, only have tested te one atr and owne a one atr.
I can do surface spins verry easy, just need to look that I don't catch on the fin. I'm goin to try the 0.8 rail fins this weekend.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-20-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
silvermustang35

killer riding shades brah lol
+1lol
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-20-2011, 10:34 PM Reply   
I rode the One a while back and it was way too grippy for me as well. Pop was good, but I didn't like the overall feel of the board because it was so locked to the water. I will stick with my lyman which has the perfect looseness on the water IMO.
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2011, 10:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
I rode the Ronix One for about 4 months and liked it at first but as my riding progressed I really started to hate it. I felt that it made boarding not fun and after a while I even stopped riding. Then my friend brought out his Hyperlite Franchise, I rode it once and got more air and pop than I ever had. Wakeboarding became fun again. Like the rest of the forumn im not trying to hate on Ronix, I think they have the best bindings in the game. but as far as boards, i think you have to go with hyperlite or liquid force. But to each his own
Mike, you just need to try a different Ronix board if you want a different ride. I ride a One because I'm old and not really very good, but I love to ride and the One is a stable board. We hit the board shop today before the lake and my buddy got a new ORANGE Ibex ATR. I almost killed myself when I leaned into it to hit the wake. As my friend said when he picked me up (laughing) "New board, go faster, jump higher, crash harder!" That is a board I do not need to be riding, but don't write off a whole company just because you didn't like one of their boards. I suck equally on all of them, but if you get a chance to demo one, give it a go. I think you'll be surprised.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-21-2011, 3:00 AM Reply   
I bought the ronix one and I think it lacks on pop. The board is very responsive, which I happened to like, and I had no problem doing butters. Getting back to my pop issues, it seemed like the board wouldn't release off the lip of the wake almost like it created a suction on the tail of the board. Ill be giving her another shot and going to try the slider fins to see how those feel.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-21-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
The more I ride, the less I like fins.

Let the edges do the work.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-21-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Another guy I ride with demoed that same kid's Ronix ONE today and liked it so much he's decided to buy a 2011 ONE ATR.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
I went from the 2010 One (broke it) to the 2011 ATR. Man I just couldn't get consistent on the One ATR. No idea what the issue was. Rode my buddies Viva the other day and was sold. Got rid of the One and have a Viva now. I agree with what some people have said. The One locks in like no other. I almost sank the Viva first time I cut out because it didn't lock like the one. I also had issue with the one releasing from the wake. Maybe continuous rocker is more my style right now I am not sure.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Because I'm not actually Jewish. It's just a childhood nickname of mine.
Still shouldn't do it. Pretty freaking dumb, immature, and ignorant. Show's age and intelligence level. There's plenty of other words to use.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Still shouldn't do it. Pretty freaking dumb, immature, and ignorant. Show's age and intelligence level. There's plenty of other words to use.
I assume you're joking...don't turn my thread into a debate about religion/political correctness. I'll say Jesus' name however and whenever I want, thanks. There's nothing dumb about that. If it offends you, leave.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
I assume you're joking...don't turn my thread into a debate about religion/political correctness. I'll say Jesus' name however and whenever I want, thanks. There's nothing dumb about that. If it offends you, leave.
I wasn't joking, and it's pretty dumb.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
k
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-22-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
agreed x10.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
Agreed.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
wow, didn't know wakeworld was such a religious place
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
HA HA hA.
pretty funny stuff.
im a religeous guy too, but also see the whole freedom of speech thing too to an extent.

but if one takes fowl/adult language and use the actual meanings and turn it around back on the person then it sometimes sounds ridiculous and humorous. its one way i like to break the ice with co-workers.

for example, i will turn around and start using their name in vain, they usually get annoyed quick, get the point, and laugh about it too... usually
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-22-2011, 11:52 PM Reply   
Here is the real Hebrew Hammer!

Have you seen the movie that you are named after...?

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2011, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Here is the real Hebrew Hammer!

Have you seen the movie that you are named after...?
I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't!
Old     (Vitocha)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-06-2011, 10:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
I had .8 fins on my 09 Viva, and I actually really enjoyed it. I should be taking my '11 Viva out today for the first time, it's got 1" fins on it, so we'll see how those go! I'll post something up then.
Hey Ben, I'm new to this forum...and I just got the Viva 11 and hoping to try it this next saturday (Mexico still has sun in november), and I was reading that you try it with the 1" fins and was wondering how did it go?
Actually I ride the One but trying to move into a looser board...
I also ordered the .8" slider fins, cause somebody recommended to me in order to have a looser feel.

The viva was picked because the people at performance (orlando) made me a recommendation. I wanted a board in the in between the one and the marek. Hope I made a good decision. Let you know this saturday
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
Viva is a great choice for most riders. It is probably the easiest of all of there pro-models to ride (It does not have cupped rails) and its forgiveness is only matched by the district. 1 inch fins are big and the .8 slider fins are draggy (kinda defeats the purpose of a "quick" board). Try the 1 inch fins, you might be suprised, but if not, you can order .8 ronix wake fins online and if you are looking for a bargin, Hyperlite fins have the same pattern and should be easy to find.

Also, If you have access to a belt sander, it is really easy to take those 1 inch fins down to a .8, .7, .6...
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-07-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
The one does have a channel down the middle which is used to lock you in. I bought a 2010 for my wife, Its a very smooth riding, smooth landing board but I preffer to NOT be locked in and rely on my edging. I ride a 09' Parks Carbon (ibex on steroids) very big FLAT center for spins, slides or sliders and is a 3-stage. It does have a razor sharp edge though and you dont want to give it to newbie that might just start to do surface spins, they will end up with water behind there eyelids. lol. My board is a more of a WILD ride in comparison to my wifes one board but I have been on a 3-stage since I started and just love it. I did just buy a Slingshot-Reflex but havent had a chance to ride it yet. : (
Old     (fifty)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-08-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
ya all that dont like the 10 or 11 should try the 2012. rode one for the last part of the summer and it was great. smooth, soft landings, and really easy to release. check out the new design,,,,
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-09-2011, 1:04 PM Reply   
I used to ride a one but mainly behind the boat. I had .7s on it and thought it was an amazing board. I never thought it landed hard.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-09-2011, 4:58 PM Reply   
"I bought the ronix one and I think it lacks on pop"
ha ha, if their is a better popping board, I would buy it!
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-08-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
We thought the 2010 and 2011 boards were Ok but call Pat or Lucas at the shop. They got the new One board and tested it over and over and love it. Pat wrote a pretty good review on it a while back on our blog that is probably still there but call him personally at the shop. Ferraro made some killer changes to the fins and placement and the cutouts around them that really made all the difference. I did not ride it myself but trust these two high end riders that work for us and know how to put set after set on a new product and find just what makes it tick. Danny is going to kill it on this board and I plan on taking quite a bit of time with him at the show next month and will try to tape some with him to get to you guys. We demo boards and also give a performance guarantee so you can ride a board for a while without risk. Nobody can afford to buy the wrong gear these days so it pays to work with your local shop or a shop like ours that wants to make you part of the family. We learn just as much from you as you do us so it is a win win. This stuff stokes me!!!!!!
Tommy
www.gettommys.com
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-08-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
If you're going to advertise your products/services on this site, which is completely fine in my opinion, at least have the balls to present your post as advertising instead of trying to disguise it as a relevant/conversational post spurred by a genuine interest in the topic.

If you're going to bump a month-old thread that has clearly run its course, at least have a respectable reason for doing so, such as new information, an update, or a fresh take on things, instead of parroting what other members have already said.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-09-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you're going to advertise your products/services on this site, which is completely fine in my opinion, at least have the balls to present your post as advertising instead of trying to disguise it as a relevant/conversational post spurred by a genuine interest in the topic.

If you're going to bump a month-old thread that has clearly run its course, at least have a respectable reason for doing so, such as new information, an update, or a fresh take on things, instead of parroting what other members have already said.
Tommy pays to advertise on the site, so he can post whatever he wants. Also his post was relevant and added to the discussion
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Don't bite the hand that feeds you
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-13-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Good time of year to watch that movie.
never rode a 1
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-14-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
I don't know about you guys but im stoked on the arival of the Timebomb. It sounds like the new One shape is supposed to ride higher on the water and not feel so locked in. Mine will be here in 5 days, not that I can ride it mid winter but I might sleep with it! Or just stare at it for extended periods of time.
Old    9Drozd            12-14-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
The 2012 One board is definitely a step in the right direction compared to the 2009-2011 run. Every complaint has been addressed and fixed for this model. Its looser while still being able to track just as hard. It rides faster than the previous model and releases really well. I rode the 2010 one board and loved it but snapped it in half and ronix hooked it up with a 2012 one. It seems to land better but Ive only ridden mine 3 times on the water this fall so I cant completely justify this aspect. Being completely flat in the middle with no features is always going to make for a rough landing unless its a flex board but the One is not. So far I like the board alot. The time bomb should be where its at depending on how the new core holds up. Im looking forward to the spring already.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-15-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
I got .8 fins on my One and can break off "track" anytime I want to do surface 360's or load the line up. Some board almost stick to the water and feel very heavy, but not the One and it has great pop! I will have this board for a while.
Old     (thejean)      Join Date: Aug 2018       08-23-2018, 9:40 AM Reply   
I hope I’m not too offside reviving an old thread but I just picked up a 2010 One 138 and it’s in great shape but as the OP suggested, it’s very locked in. I can also get a 2015 HL Franchise 142 for similar money and am thinking about switching up. Which one would you guys suggest? I’m 180 lbs beginner and just starting w2w jumps. The One also comes with slider fins that I could try but I’m also worried about them being draggy, especially since the One is already a tad on the small side for my weight and skill. Thoughts?
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-23-2018, 12:27 PM Reply   
I would stick with the Ronix One. I would think a more locked in board would be easier for a beginner to learn to edge without sliding out. I would stay away from the Franchise. The Franchise has a continuous rocker while the one has a 3 stage rocker. After 20 years of wakeboarding, I still can't ride a continuous rocker board without falling all over and getting beat up. I get much better pop and a much more locked in feeling from a 3 stage rocker.
Old     (thejean)      Join Date: Aug 2018       08-23-2018, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
I would stick with the Ronix One. I would think a more locked in board would be easier for a beginner to learn to edge without sliding out. I would stay away from the Franchise. The Franchise has a continuous rocker while the one has a 3 stage rocker. After 20 years of wakeboarding, I still can't ride a continuous rocker board without falling all over and getting beat up. I get much better pop and a much more locked in feeling from a 3 stage rocker.

That’s awesome info, thanks! Pretty much exactly what I was thinking myself. Sideways riding should be a lot easier with a three stage I would think. Because with continuous, less of the board contacts the water making the portion that does sink lower.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2018, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yeah the old One is a classic. Definitely one of my favorites. If you jump into a new board go one timebomb. Its everything the one is but better
Old     (Liquidationsportswenatchee)      Join Date: Oct 2018       10-25-2018, 3:14 PM Reply   
Ronix Modello Stub Fish Wakesurf Board- we have massive inventory at unbelievable pricing- check out are website: www.liquidationsports.com
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-28-2018, 7:19 AM Reply   
I got to scratch up my RONIX yesterday... The 2019 Ronix Kinetik boot was insane!

Name:  Ronix.jpg
Views: 2367
Size:  102.0 KB

Last edited by downfortheride; 10-28-2018 at 7:22 AM.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-30-2018, 8:04 AM Reply   
wait until you try the 2019 RXT

go watch Dan Nott ride it and explain what is capable of

get your wallets out
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2018, 8:58 AM Reply   
The RXT is legit, best board ever
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-30-2018, 11:07 AM Reply   
over $800 it better damn well be the best wakeboard every!!!
Old     (thejean)      Join Date: Aug 2018       11-01-2018, 1:33 PM Reply   
I was going to buy the RXT but I am newbie rider so went with the Murray instead.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-03-2018, 10:21 AM Reply   
unless you've tried all the boards models you cant judge but I dont like the ONE either.. I ride a lot of LF now but ive ridden Ronix especially the Cable stuff and they have great boards..Camber not for everyone either.. the Code models are pretty great i rode the BILL for years, couldn't break it..traditional rides..the old Ronix Parks and William were solid rides..