Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (greenspirit_hydro)      Join Date: May 2007       02-16-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
Might be moving to Birmingham and was curious if there is any place to ride in the area. I have an X Star I might need to bring with me or sell.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-18-2011, 5:26 AM Reply   
Plenty of nice lakes in the B'ham area. Depending on exactly where you end up, Lake Martin, Logan Martin (2 different lakes), Lay lake, Smith Lake and other smaller ones are all within easy distance as well as the rivers.
Old     (greenspirit_hydro)      Join Date: May 2007       02-18-2011, 5:51 PM Reply   
I would be living and working downtown. How far off are these lakes? I am used to working 1 mile from my marina. I get off work at 6 and am on the water by 6:15. Don't know that I have the desire to haul and trailer the boat for long distances.
Old    jdgreen1            02-21-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
"I would be living and working downtown. How far off are these lakes? I am used to working 1 mile from my marina. I get off work at 6 and am on the water by 6:15. Don't know that I have the desire to haul and trailer the boat for long distances."

Sorry Ross, but this is not even remotely possible in Birmingham. The lakes that Chris mentioned are all going to require a decent amount of driving.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-16-2011, 5:30 AM Reply   
Yea, if your working downtown, you couldnt even make it to the interstate in 15 minutes.

All of the lakes I listed will take 45min - hour or better depending on where you are and where you go.