Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-08-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
Whos going? Moved here from BC in January, sold my old 99 Response so looking at a few deals.

Undecided really, everything is so cheap now, thinking about a Moomba or a SAN. Only owned Malibus before so hopefully everybody is there so I can check em all out!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-09-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
Ash I will be going down on Saturday. I am sure that the Moombas and Nautique will both be there.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       02-09-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Ash-- I have looked at some prices around Alberta and I have noticed that the prices have not come down. They have stayed the same, But I did not look at a Moomba. - IMO
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
http://www.sportsmensshows.com/Calgary/boatLines.htm
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-09-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
No Nautique!! That is surprising. And as Rob B said, prices don't seem to have dropped much at all.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       02-09-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
I'll be their on Sunday, looking for a surf board and a new board and binding's for my son. Spring is just around the corner.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-09-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Randy, why don't you go down Saturday?
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       02-09-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
Hey Trent,the kid is working until 3 on Saturday, then staying at the brother inlaws in Ardrie for the rest of the long weekend. How's your Sunday looking?
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-09-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
The value of the Canadian dollar has dropped about 20% since last fall. Any boat brought in from the US since then or is last year's inventory but financed in USD has increased in cost by that much (or more). We would need some dealer bankruptcies to get lower prices locally but it looks like Alberta dealers are doing fine so far. There is not a single square foot of space available at the Calgary show and the Edmonton boatshow in March is also sold out even though they added another new display hall.

There will be Nautiques at the show. New dealer for them in Calgary.
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-09-2009, 10:18 PM Reply   
resting. Trent is DodgyKiwi off the 'bu crew here, I think I sent you a PM?

Yeah it is disappointing that the prices haven't come down, considering I'm seeing boats in the states go for absolutely bottom dollar. I'm really not interested in spending $30k for a 2k boat. Would much rather get an '03 - '06 from the states and suck up the gst coming back into alberta.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-10-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
I agree that prices are much cheaper in the states but make sure you do the math.

I picked up a boat 2 years ago in washington. Trip costs (hotel for 2 nights, fuel, food etc.) exchange rate, GST and boarder costs all add up quickly. We made a bit of a vacation out of it so it wasn't as big a deal.

From what I can tell the further south you go the cheaper it gets but (of course) your trip costs increase.

I'll be trading up in a few years and i'll have to make the decision to buy locally or not.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-12-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Show opens today at 1:00 pm. It officially feels like spring even though I just saw a skidsteer clearing a skating rink on the lake in front of my house.

Every towboat I can think of is displayed. The bigger brands plus those that are not seen at every show including Epic, Wakecraft, Calabria, Svfara, Liquid Ride.

Plenty of pro-shop deals with three shops displaying a respectable amount of gear. I have not heard yet what pros will be at the show.

Bring your camera.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-12-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
I will be there Saturday am. I will hopefully be finalizing my deal on a new VTX with Wizard. I am looking to sell the the old girl - know anyone who may be interested?

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2245
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-14-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Was a weird feeling talking about wakeboarding, growing up on lakes and how good looking the boats are with Trentj6930.......then walking outside to snow and -20!!!!

Got a GREAT deal on a new obrien board and bindings for my girl, and saw some awesome boats.

Sadly I wont have this summer but might do towards the end if things go well!

Nice meeting you Trent and Scott (I hope I got that right?)
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-16-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
Same goes Ash. And you were right it was Scott. I went and looked at the new MB team widebody after reading through the comparison thread between the VTX and Widebody. Overall I was very impressed with the Widebody and the Tomcat 21.....Until I saw the boat show special!! Regular price $91 k boat show special was $81 k! Maybe it's me but something seemed wrong with the pricing. When I looked at the Nautique 216 and the 210 they were both in the mid $70's. I really was impressed with the Wizard Lake(Malibu) setup again this year. They had a new 09 VTX in blue metal flake that looked unreal!! Made me want to trade in for anew boat. Also they had an aftermarket stero put into the 247 and it had a 15"sub hidden behind the kickpanel. Teskey AVU did a bang up job ob that boat!! I was in the other hall and heard them crank it up a couple of times. I would love to hear that killer system out on the water where they could really push it.... I also sat down and talked to Adam McCall from Axis boat and really went all over the new Axis 22. It really has some nice features that were well thought out! Adam was great to talk to.. he answered all our questions and comments about the boat. They had the Axis completely loaded with pretty much all available options on a tricked out tandem for $59 k out the door. After sitting in the Axis for quite a while and talking to Adam it makes me want to see this boat out on the water. Now you have to remember the prices up here are a lot higher because of the exchange rate right now. Overall the show was great and it was nice to meet a few guys from Wakeworld in person. Nice to have met you Ash, Rob and finally to meet you in person Ryan.

(Message edited by trentj6930 on February 16, 2009)
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-16-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
Gotta agree on the wizard lake setup, easily the best in the boat show. That VTX look soooooo nice, stood there staring at it for a few minutes!

I saw that 247 setup, they did a really, really good job on it. Will definitely have to look them up and see what else they have done.

Didn't get a chance to go over the axis, but it really looked like a well put together boat. I had qualms about it after seeing the photos on here, I thought it looked "cheap". But after having a quick looksie through it, its anything but cheap.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-17-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
I was really interested in looking at the Tige's this year. I really liked the way that they looked. I know you either like it or hate it. I went through the RZ2 with a fine tooth comb. The only thing I really did not like was the new tower. I like the look of it, but I found it to be shorter than the illusion. Either that or because it sweeps back it seems like it was shorter. I did like the integrated speaker pods, lights and the flip over anchor light. The only other thing I did not care for was the drivers seat with all the mesh. I understand that in a really hot climate it would be nice and cool, but where I live the heated seat is the only option to have. Other than that I was impressed with it. I also looked at the new Z1, I like the look of it from the outside, but I can't get over the interior panels and having the cupholders and speakers mounted down so low. I just happen to prefer the cupholders and speakers being in the side. The beverages on the floor would get kicked over by the kids in my boat for sure!!