Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
alright so ive been doin everything right to go w2w i think, but i just cant seem to get it... i end up about a foot away. is this because i dont have a tower? im gonna buy a new ski boat soon or just get a seperate pole for my current boat... but another question.... if i buy a seperate pole how does that fit in the boat, like do i have to drill it in or anything or what?... i just wasnt sure.

and if it is because of the tower what should i practice while im waiting on one... thanks a lot for any advice.
Old     (ride_cwb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
dude i know the feeling boarding without a tower or pole sucks but you can still clear the wake just remember to pop your legs bro and stand upright. also the poles im pretty sure they strap right on my homemade one we had to drill but still looks sweet.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
Don't blame it on not having a tower or pylon... its all in the technique. Just edge all the way through the wake and try to pop with your legs as hard as you can. You should be able to clear it. You also might want to try riding on a short line; maybe 60 feet.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-07-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Hey Brad let me elaborate so your not confused.First of all you want to cut all the way out,pause for like 3 seconds until you feel the tension on the line.When you feel this tension start making your progressive cut toward the wake.Keep your arms bent and the line tight.The tension on the line and correct pop will get you w2w.As you cut in your cut should be gradual at first then building that edge all the way in to the wake.As your cutting in bend your knees when you get to the top of the wake dont try to jump it thats wrong.What you want to do is keep your legs bent until you get to the wake.When you get to almost the peak of the wake stand up on the board as if you were pushing down against the board and this plus line tension (keep your arms bent) will give you plenty of pop to go w2w.