Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-12-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
What is the best way to get to Bullards Bar from
1. Tracy - pulling a boat?
2. From the Bay area (Santa Cruz & Morgan Hill) not pulling a boat?

Looking at hwy 49 out of Auburn vs. Road 20 out of Marysville.

Thanks!
Old     (liquidforce)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-12-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
we take 20 out of marysville when we tow from livermore.......... easy drive
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2004, 3:14 AM Reply   
I would second 20. The only bad part is the last 15 or so miles and you have to go through them either way. Coming from the bay area you can cut over through Davis on 113 and follow it into Yuba City and jump onto 20 there, Depending on what time of day you are traveling it makes a difference going through Sac.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-13-2004, 5:41 AM Reply   
I live in Tracy as well, and I take 20 from Marysville. As a matter of fact last year I got there faster towing a boat and going hwy 20, than our friend did without a boat traveling on hwy 49. Actually I am heading up there this weekend.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be visiting Marysville.
Rob - have a great time this weekend.
I've never been before, we are camping in Dark Day. Any recommendations on areas to ride?
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-13-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
Laurie

I was just there saturday. We rode on the arm that is just across from the Dark Day ramp. It was fairly quite all day. We checked out the other arm and there seemed to be a lot of boats there. I live in Auburn and we travel 49 to Nevada city and continue on 49 to the lake. One hour.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Laurie,

I concur w/ going hwy 20 as well. Places to ride well up the river are is the best usually just across from dark day launch ramp. otherwise just to the right up from the launch area can be good as well.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Anyone going to be up there July 22- 25th?
Old    norcalz71            07-13-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
ill be on garden point from this coming saturday (july 17) until the following sunday w/ our MC, friends new wakesetter and Super Air, and a ski ray. who else is gonna be up there?

we all take 20 through marysville, very easy drive and we're from the east bay area, but tracy would be the same just take 5 north to sac-town.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
Spencer, I'll keep my eyes open for you. I'll be in a Black and Grey SangAIR 2001.

Also, saw on your profile you are looking for some bindings. Stefani (wakelvr)has some Parks size large for sale. You may want to contact her. I'll let her know.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-13-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Have fun at Bullards. I love that place. I was there 4th of July weekend. The water is a little low, but still plenty of it.

Spencer - Because the water is a little low, it's a hell of a hike up to the Garden Point campsites. Just be prepared. But, it's still absolutly worth it.
Old    norcalz71            07-13-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
hey thanks guys. I actually finally got a hold of some med-lg parks, rode em once so far and they ROCKED. hopefully with the lake so low, there will be a good spot to float a slider that wont be overly deep. usually the shore is so steep it would be dang near impossible.