Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
So check this out and let me know what you think.

I just got my new Zeus bindings and they need to get traded in. Last summer I demoed some large Zeus bindings and I didn't have any problems with them besides being to small. So for Christmas I got some XL Zeus and couldn't wait to try them. Saturday (thanks for the pulls ClubMyke) was the 1st time out in them and I know they are new but with out lube I could not get in the bindings. After my 1st run I all ready had a cut on my ankle from those cool a$$ studs. As I was in the boat I was thinking about how J-rod took off the HLS (this is the strap that goes across the top of your ankle for support and it hold you foot down) and he liked them a lot better. So I took off the HLS and gave them another try. They did feel better, but I still could not get me foot in without lube. Well Sunday (thanks for the pull Big Ed) I got to try them again and I now know that these binding a just not for me. So The help I need would be what bindings do you think I would like. I had the 02 Parks and the only thing I would change about those bindings are the "flex" in them . It's hard to poke (not like I doing much of this) out tricks oh and the holes in the foot bed that keeps on suctioning to the bottom of my foot (I hate that). The shop the Zeus were bought from will allow me to exchange them for different bindings, but they only carry CWB, Liquid Force, and Hyperlite. I think the Sphinx might be my next choice but I would like some feedback from fellow wakeboarders.

Oh yeah these binding will be going on my 04 Absolute (if that matters)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
get some Ultras.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Toolfan ~ tried them on but the foot bed was too short. I did hear that the 05 will be made with a longer foot bed, but don't know if it's true.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-24-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
Ultra Stuck's?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Hahn ~ ok Ultra suck . So what would you suggest?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
It takes a few rides to get the zeuses broken in. At first I didn't like them, now I love 'em. I have a size 12 foot and made the toe piece smaller and still need no lube, don't even really need water. (granted I also ride in Med-Lg Hype's)
But we all have differant tastes.
Try the Transits.

(Message edited by kristian on January 24, 2005)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-24-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
I love my Zues bindings. I haven't had the issue of getting cut by the rivets. The Boss are too stiff for me. You can always boil them to loosen them up a bit? I have heard good things about the new transit bindings but have never had a pair.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-24-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
On more thing, the Ultras are a great binding (When on) but they are hard to get into and out of. Forget about it if they come off in the water.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-24-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hey Ant... Try the Transits on. They are sweet, super cush, not too stiff and I can easily put them on without lube.

Heard you guys are thinking of making a move to the dirty delta. Hit us up when you get here.

Peace
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
Ant: Sorry to hear they're not working out. I would try to get your hands on the 04 Zeus. They're easy to get in and out of. I actually like them a lot better.

Also, I just tried Evan's LF Transits and they were super comfy. No lube needed to put them on.

Toolfan, do you not like Antbug? Definitely do NOT go with the Ultras if you like to get in and out without lube. Those are the worst!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
Transits are great, so are the Sphynx's. Both pretty flexy but the Transits go higher up your leg. Only thing is the foot bed seemed a little short and toe piece is a little loose but thats easily changed with a cutting knife.
There's too much effort in the ultras.
I've been testing those HL Murrays for Ferraro and they're great but I think would be too stiff for your liking.
Maybe look at the byerly's aswell.
The new Double Up sockets are great too. But I don't know if they're released yet (but being DU doesn't help you)
so Transits, Sphynx and byerly's IMO is what you should look at.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
J-rod ~ I don't mind not using lube but when I come out of my binding after a hard fall I like to be able to put my bindings on with out getting back in the boat. I will check out the Transits, but does anyone have any feedback on the sphinx
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Kristian ~ sorry I was in the middle of working and typing and I didn't see you rpost. I do like the higher ankle support so maybe the transits are the ones for me. My best friend has the Byerly's and I have tried them. I do have a question for you... do you know if LF is making a "longer" foot bed as I found them to be a little short as well. Thanks for your post.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-24-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
All the LF riders have small feet! You know what they say about guys with small feet right?? Small Bindings....
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I love my 04 Zeus. I would say the best binding I have used.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
So far to my knowledge they're not making longer footbeds. I rode XL transits and it wasn't too bad I could easily live with it.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-24-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with the 2005 Boss's, that's why i returned them. They were killing my foot.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-24-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
whatever you choose i still think you will need lube to put on your bindings ,especially with newer bindings in Cold water/weather..bindings tend to grab and not stretch much this time of year since its cold..

id give them another chance ,if not good luck but definitly havinbg to use luibe isnt a negative to any binding..
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Lance ~ I'm glad they work for you.

Kristian ~ I really appricate your posts. Thanks.

Mango ~ I here you bro and that's why I not even thinking about the Boss bindings.

Bill ~ I tried to warm them up with a shower and it did help. I just don't think these are for me.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
I almost forgot...the Parks come with a killer medallion. J-rod sports it all the time, so you know its cool.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-24-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hey Ant! I thought you where riding the Byerlys last year? Did you not like those? I tried a pair on and thought they where comfortable so I think I am going to get those. Did you have any problems with them?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
Toolfan ~ I know J~rod and I would look so cool in a picture sporting em together

Mike ~ That was Big Ed's board. I had the Parks last year. Oh yeah great choice on your new boat.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
I always use lube to get in. Just cuz they are laced doesn't mean the material is not grippy, it's supposed to be so you don't slide around in em. And how did you get cut by the studs? They come nowhere near my skin. Did you take the heel/toe rubber out & just ride overlays?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Stephen ~ They cut my ankle before I tried to adjust them. If you look on the inside of the binding there are rivets and I think one of them got me. I took off the piece that goes over the top of your ankle which holds your heel down. I think CWB calls it the HLS. J~rod took his off and he like has a lot better so I figured I would give it a try. When bindings would you recommended given the above.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-24-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
Demo demo demo. Try the transits out next. Just my opinion.
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-24-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ultra's are extra hard to get off in cold water... Last year I actually demanded someone cut my leg off!!! :-)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
I've found that the Boss' are more flexible and do not have the Heel Locking System(HLS). Generally folks think they are more comfy. As for the others I can't really say, I've been sold on CWB boots for three years now. I never liked the way LF boots fit, but then again I loved my Zeus' out of the box, try as many as you can. The LA Boat Show starts next weekend, you can try on every single boot that is made.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Stephan ~ more than anything thanks for tell me what you like and not putting others down.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-24-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
I agree with Stephan, the Boss bindings sound like the bindings for you. I rode them in 2004 and am actually moving to the Zeus because they were a little too flexible for my bad ankles. If you liked the way the Parks bindings fit, but need more flex, you will like the Boss. When I tighted my Boss down if felt like I had put a glove on my foot and ankle. They fit snug around my entire foot, no pressure points or loose spots. I just have really bad ankles and needed stiffer bindings.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hahn said it best. DEMO!

Antbug, you know enough about bindings not to ask what bindings are gonna fit you best. Ultras fit me perfectly. I seem to be in between sizes on Zueses, the 04s anyway.

I am yet to put on a pair of bindings that cost more than $200 and feel totally uncomfortable. Its just boils down to the exact shape of your foot and where you like to feel pressure points. Hell, I have ridden 2 pairs of 04 Ultras and one pair felt alot better than the other. Between the inconsistantcy in production, water temps (cold weather making them feel hard), and how broke in the bindings are, you may spend alot of time finding the "perfect" bindings. I dont expect my bindings to feel like a silk slipper when I put them on. As long as they are functional and semi-comfortable, I am happy. The Zues are good bindings, you may wanna try on another pair to give you a fair assessment.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Tiffanator ~ Boss huh? I never though I would like them but I will give them a try. Thanks.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
They're like an easy to use, $100 cheaper Parks boot. But then again they don't come with a medallion, I guess that justifies it...
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Toolfan ~ now that's the kind of post I expect for you . Thanks for the info. I did try on a lot of bindings and i did demo the Zeus. Maybe there is some truth in what you say about the production of the bindings.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Toolfan maybe right?!Try on a different pair if you can.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-24-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
I love my pair of 05' Zeus’s... But the truth is that the first 3-4 times I rode them I thought I was going to be switching them out because I couldn’t get in or out of them and when I was in them it felt really tight. All it took was that 4th or 5th session with them and they felt great and now I am completely sold on them because they are awesome!!! I rode the 05' Parks a few times right as I was trying the Zeus's and the Parks were blown away.. I'd say there in the top 3 bindings of this year... my opinion!
C-DUB
Old    hydrotek            01-24-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
i got a set of L transits this year and have yet to ride them but i didnt part with my 03 L exo's either...The L transits do seem a little shorter than the L exos with the old footbed. Anyone else having problems with this or any issues with them breaking in and stretching a little bit?
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-24-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Thanks Ant! You guys will definatly have to come out and ride with me this year. Are you guys still planning on moving up here? If you don't and need a place to stay when you come I just bought a house so you guys are more than welcome to stay.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-25-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Mike ~ I will have to take you up on that offer, but yes Big Ed and I are moving up there soon.

So last night I went and traded in the CWB Zeus for the LF Team. I tried on a lot of bindings last night and these felt the best. So we'll see.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-25-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
Let us know how they turn out.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-25-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
i had the 03 zeus... and would rate them as my top two bindings. the other being the lf transit. after about 5 rides the zeus felt great.