Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
We have had a monster tower for a few years now, and its starting to give a bit. It creeks and has a b it of give from left to right. We have extra bolts going through where the legs connect to the top but they don't seem to be helping. Does anyone have any suggestions to permanently keep it in line? Thanks
Old    walt            07-12-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
I'm sure the people at Monster would be happy to help you out.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
I am having the same issues. I was planning on calling them as well. Let me know how yours goes and I will do the same.
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-13-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
Mine does it also. It's right at the joint where the cross piece meets the swivel joint.

When I look at it, I don't know how to fix the movement without a welder.

I just redid the bolts that should stop the movement, but it only helped a little bit.
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
Had/have the same problem. Monster was great and sent four new bolts for where the legs meet the top section because they were lossening, but I still have a lot of creaking and loosening. What I found out is that the four small expanding bolts are not holding tight, which is allowing the whole unit to loosen up. I have started being more aware of keeping those tight and it seems to be holding back the problem with the other four main bolts. Ultimately, I think welding the legs to the top section would be the only way to completely remedy the side-to-side problems. You could leave the joints alone that allow the tower to fold back.
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
I was also thinking of the welding, aside from that the only other solution i can picture is drilling two new holes and putting in new bolts. I'll give monster tower a call. Thanks
Old     (lacas)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-14-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with mine.Monster tower sent me new sleeve anchors but it didn't solve the problem.Ended up replacing the top section and the two legs at the back.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-14-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
It would probably cost no more than $40 to have all the upper joints welded, and once it's on your boat there's no need for the adjustment anymore anyway.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       07-14-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
I had mine welded and it worked great. Weld every joint you can. I think I paid $80. Well worth it and its silent.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-14-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I think i need to re-weld my joints. Mikeyt, let me know if you call monster tower to see what they say. It makes a creaking noise when we go boating, or wakeboarding. It is really annoying
Old     (deltardr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-14-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Monster tower has the best customer service out there. We didnt have the same problem as everyone else, but when we ordered our tower we got a board rack with a huge scuff in it from the machining tool. We called them and within 3 days there was a brand new one sitting at our door, they also threw in an appology letter and some free stuff. Thats service.
Old     (tigebob)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-15-2007, 12:43 AM Reply   
Mine does the same exact thing as everyone else has mentioned...Its really starting to drive me crazy...I want to get mine welded...but wouldnt the heat from getting it welded mess up my powder coat on my tower where the welds are?
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-15-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
yes it will a little........depends on if you use stick tig or mig......avoid using stick because of the amount of slag and burn off....find someone who can tig very good and it wont be that noticeable
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-16-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Scribe or mark the top part of the tower to line up the swivel collars. That way when you take the top section off and take it to the welder's they can line up the lines and weld it off the boat.
Old     (monstertowertom)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
The tower should be solid and noise free. If anyone has tried to call and just got the voicemail, we apologize and are returning calls as fast as we can get to them. Please pm me, call us at 877-778-6937 or hit support@monstertower.com so we can get these problems solved.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-22-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Once again monster tower came through with superior knowledge of their product. I emailed Tom from monster tower and quickly received a response with the suggestion that I should tighten down the flush screws (expanding bolts) as that is 95% of the time the problem and he was correct. I no longer have noises coming from my tower. I love working with monster tower and am a true believer in their product and their customer support.

Once again, thank you tom