Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-31-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
I will probably be buying an HD video camera next month.
I don't want anything professional. I would like one that records on Mini DV tapes. Most of the ones I see out there record on DVD or hard disk.

My requirements are an easy upload to Mac, and an easy way to store video. (i.e. I don't want to fill up the hard disk on my computer with video.) Tapes seem ideal.
I understand that it is difficult to upload from a DVD into iMovie, so I am reluctant to go that way. Also, I have heard that the hard disk models can be unreliable. That plus the fact that after you fill up the hard disk, all that footage has to be uploaded and stored somewhere. So, it seems that tape is ideal again, but there don't seem to be too many available out there, unless I am looking in the wrong place.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-01-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
Happy New Year Pete!

I'd start here:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/d/Reviews&level_b=Camcorder&level_c=HD.htm
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-01-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
HV20 seems to be a great camera and is on sale everywhere right now. I don't own one yet, but it seems to be a great value right now. It's on the link that Rich provided.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-01-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
I think I'm settling on the HV20. Thanks for the help. Rich- you're more than welcome to go out on the water with us today. Gotta start the New Year out right!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-02-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
I'll put in my vote for the HV20 as well. Thanks for the offer Pete but the wife and I were up at Truckee.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-02-2008, 6:13 AM Reply   
Damn Peter, what's the water temp now?
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-02-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
Randy- When we got on the boat yesterday, it said Lake Temp. 44, Air Temp. 47. Not for the faint of heart, but the guys handled it well. Drysuits with scuba gloves and closed toe bindings really help!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-02-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
Rich- Hope you had a great time snowboarding. The offer stands- come on out with us anytime. I'm pretty impressed with what the guys are doing in the cold. When Spring gets here they'll be ready to go.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-02-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
That sounds colder then Tahoe! LOL