Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-23-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Just a thought - platforms seem to be various heights in the water, depending on how you're weighted (or, if you own a Supreme V226, some of the 2011's were higher than the 2012's, etc)...as the 2012's throw a better goofy wake I'm told with it a few inches lower?

Why not create adjustable height platforms? It could easily be done with 2 quick release pins/brackets and allow you to slide the height up and down to help shape your wave.

Has any boat manufacturer ever offered this? Maybe it's overkill, but it would be cool to be able to experiment not only with different weighting options but to also use the platform to help shape/clean up waves depending on how many riders/weight you were rolling with.

Maybe something to consider as all the manufacturers push into bigger/better wave technology?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-25-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
I would think that the adjustable plate that most manufacturers offer would give the same effect. I know the attitude plate on my MC changes the wake a lot depending on how far up or down it is.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Something like this

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p..._fromsearch__1
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-26-2012, 6:22 PM Reply   
Sporty is the Crew genius and crazy MOFO!!!! Haha
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
I was thinking of a lifting platform the other day. MC makes theirs fold down to fit in the garage. Why not fold it up?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2012, 9:31 PM Reply   
That's awesome. I would def opt for the option.

What's with the plastic? Keep the spray from the fae to a minimal?
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-27-2012, 5:26 AM Reply   
Yes it is a "sporty/Duffy" flap....
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
Ummm...exactly! Would love to see what the wave does when changing the height!

Wakeboard/surf manufacturers...take note! This is just another way to dial in that wave!

Now, who's gonna install the Switchblade, Surfgate, pureVert and adjustable platform on their boat FIRST???