Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
This video looks fake at some angles when the plane hits the target but the concept is real and I know they have the hardwear to make it happen and I would not be supprised at the least bit if its is 100% Hell Im pretty sure I could build one of these pretty quick (with out the on board bomb) So I know the military could whip one up real quick

This is a Video of a Military FPV (first preson view) RC plane that is flowen over a target by troops on the ground. The plane can be used as a eye in the sky or a Kamakasi style bomb/wepon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07SSmzmm0NM
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
I'm more fearful that some jacknut extremest could make one of these and use it as a terrorist device.
Old    SamIngram            04-29-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
They already have...
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-01-2011, 3:10 AM Reply   
Awesome video
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-02-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
I really don't think this is something that you could build pretty quick. Not doubting your skills but seeing how I may know a little more about them then most here I thin your overlooking several options that it has versus a standard off the shelf plane could. I fly rc and not aware of any features that match up to the spec.s of these.
I am sure you can find out more with a few clicks of your mouse then I care to discuss or elaborate on.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
The "First Person View" or ability to fly it Via a Cam miles away from the location where it was launched from.
What did this have
Quote:
I fly rc and not aware of any features that match up to the spec.s of these.
What did this plane have that No other RC Plane you and I could buy (A BOMB) all other things I think you and I could buy!

The Switchblade launched out of a tube.
You can hand launch pretty much any plane,
The Switchblade could be flowen Via a Pair of video goggles and report location and information back real time.
You can buy the same Equipment and do the same thing here.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16387

I fly RC as well. Do you know about FPV? I have been toying with it its pretty cool and its a total new hobby/sport.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZWGmAZ9NE

here is a good video on the FPV flyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtTvu6Bk5aM
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-02-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
yes I have seen these before, but like I said for reasons I can not go into look at what else this has other then FPV. Hopefully you'll understand there are conditions on what I can say.

If you figure out all that they do you understand that there are differences. Unfortunately I have restrictions on what I can discuss even though I would love to share more.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Ok change of subject.
What RC planes do you fly.?
I have a Parkzone T 28, & Raidan, & Great Planes SUKOI-SU31.
I saw a Killer Multiplex Fun jet at the Field Friday it was Awesome. Might be my next toy
I think it might be time to start a RC plane thread
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-04-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
I am starting to get out of it due to no more time to fly. To much going on and I used to fly at a field five minutes from work during lunch. I had a 68" Yak 54 gaser 80" Extra 300 gasser with a DA50 then had multiple 3DHS planes roughly in the 55" W.S. electric. I have sold off most everything and have two dw foamies left one is a 48" juka that flies great and the other is the 48" Juka that is all in the box but no time to build or fly.

I think the SUKOI is the type of 3d er I liked to fly more so. I like to hover close to ground and blenders were another one that is fun. I have watched some of your videos and couldn't help lmao at some of the T 28 take offs at your lake house. Good stuff, what radio are you using, and how often do you fly. Do you have a sim or did you learn on your own?