Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
I want to do that thing where you rotate the board a 180 (just the board) and I have a question... do I have to ollie first? cause I've seen Stef Tor do it in the Maven DVD and it looks like she doesn´t ollie, she does it on the surface... Also how do you do the trick where only you rotate 180, but the board doesnt?
Old    dirtyohioriver            04-29-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
is this a joke
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-30-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
go to wakeskating.com and check out the trick list.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-30-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Thanks cosmocat, I checked it out, still have to practice some more to do the whole all in one motion thing...
and max... your mocking is useless... if you dont have anything constructive to say... better save your words to urself...
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-01-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
cris, when just the board rotates thats called a shuv-it and when just u rotate its called a body varial, know the names of the tricks will help you look them up on wakeskating.com, also do a search here on wakeworld, your bound to find some good tips here as well. Good luck and have fun, let us know how it goes.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
thanks for the names of the tricks I'll look them up!
Old     (xbar)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
For shuvs the key is to make sure that the board is perfectly flat and not on edge when starting the trick. Another thing to note is that your knees are bent when you start to kick the board into its rotation. I also do shuvs with only one hand on the handle and that helps so I don't get pulled over. Just wanted to provide you with a couple of quick tips, but practice is most important. You'll be sticking them in no time. Cheers!
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
That was not called for Max, if you dont have anthing nice to say, then dont say anything at all, that goes for both of your posts above. Grow up.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Thanks, I havent been on the water yet since my post, but Ill def try that next time.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
You can do a shuv-it without popping it, just spinning it on the surface, but for mad style points try to pop it high and catch it before you drop back to the surface.