Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-08-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
About a week ago I was out wakeboarding, whipped into a turn and went into a powerslide. Feeling good, glassy day, then all of a sudden I open my eyes and am reaching for the surface of the water.

I was wearing a vest, not cc approved tho. Anyway, I was in a whole load of pain, mostly in my back but I was super dizzy and nauseated. Thought I was just being a wuss so I rested for a few then went wakesurfing. Everything seemed alright for the most part.

Then a day or two later I started having dizzy spells and the nausea came back. They weren't very frequent and never lasted very long so I just figured it would be something that would just go away. It's now saturday (happened last thurs.) and the dizzyness is getting worse and I'm finding it more difficult to eat.

Keep in mind, I have no health insurance. So if the doc is just going to tell me "yup, its a concussion, you just have to ride it out and it'll be fine" then I don't want to waste my money. I figure people here have probably experienced this before and I am wondering how it went, if I should be concerned, and at what point do I cave in and see a doc?