Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    begone            06-02-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
Well let me first say I'm very new to this boat thing. Been doing alot of research out there. I've narrowed down my search of a Wakeboarding boat and have my choices. But is there a boat out there for around $40 grand and 23 ft???

I personally like the Moomba XLV and all that it offers plus the price. We are not HUGE Wakeboarders but do board and spend lots of time on the water. Is there another big boat out there with the accessories and space (size) that I may be missing. Thanks.
Old    begone            06-02-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
Oh and we came from a 92 Sea Ray Bowrider with Custom Tower on it. So trust me ANYTHING is better.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-02-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
For $40K there is no better 23' boat than a new Moomba XLV. It is a great boat with tons of seating and storage. If I were you I would add the Ballast option and the Hydrolic Wakeplate option as well.
I dont know much about the Sanger Line of boat but I do know they are affordable like the Moomba, so you might want to check them out. BUt the dealer is also another important decision in buying a boat. It helps if they are close, accessible and have good customer service.

You are going to get alot of different responses to your question so if I were you I wouyld take everything that people are going to tell you and check into most of it. We all have different opinions on the boats we drive and Board behind so there is alot of good info out there.

But one thing you will probably here over and over is Demo ( test drive and wakeboard behind) all the boats you are interested in and then make your decision.
Good Luck
Old    tige_kid            06-02-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
Never ridden in or behind one but gekko has thrre different boats ranging form 35,000 to 43,500. Check out there web.
www.gekkosports.com
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-03-2005, 6:02 AM Reply   
You might want to look at Supreme's boats, I believe the v230 is around 40 before tax.
Old    zboomer            06-03-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
I'd have to agree with E... in the $40k area, the Mobius XLV is a good choice for true 23-footer. Those things are big and deep, with tons of storage. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

Skier's Choice builds a quality boat. The only thing you'll give up are some bling items and interior plushness, but the hull, engine, etc. are all top notch.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
My Centurion dealer has a left over Enzo that they would love to move they are asking in the MId 40's but it looks like they would be a bit of a drive for you http://www.clarkboat.com
Old    tige_kid            06-03-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
Check out this 04 supra ssv. Also it is in Austin Texas.

Here is the link http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/8/77563518.htm

(Message edited by tige_kid on June 03, 2005)
Old    begone            06-03-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Only one requirement, the boat has to be brand new. Yeah, I'm seriously leaning towards the Moomba. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.