Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any experience with installing two different remotes on a Sony with the unilink BUS system. Specifically the Access Technologies® MRC-2 remote and Sony RM-X10 remote... is it possible to use both of these remotes. i have a Sony RM-X10 remote hooked up to a Sony MP-40 and it works fine. I also have a MRC-2 that i would like to hook up so i can have two remotes, one on the transom of the boat and one near the driver. The Sony remote has a Unilink connector and a mini stereo connector whereas the MRC-2 has a mini stereo connector and a wire for illumination (i believe) What cables would i need to have both of these remotes work? once again looking for realife experiences...

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=RMXM10W
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-21-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
The Sony remote should have come with a y-splitter to connect a cd-changer or 2nd remote. I have no clue about the other remote and weather its compatible with your HU ? I would try to connect it independetly to the HU 1st to see if you can get the two of them talking.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Yes the Sony did come with a y-splitter however it is one unilink in and two unilink out. The access technologies is simply a mini stereo connector. I know they both work independent of one another. i just have not tried to hook them both up as of yet. I wanted to see if anyone else had done it. I may just have to run up to radio shack and get a mini stereo plug Y-adapter and see if it works. This is the other remote

http://www.access-tech.net/productsRemoteCom.htm

(Message edited by BIZ on July 21, 2006)
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-21-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
It looks to be just the mini plug and a illumination hookup. It doesnt list as X-10 compatible but like you suggested try the miniplug y-adapter to see if it works. The unilink on the Sony carries the display and the miniplug controls the function buttons from my understanding.
Old     (onamission)      Join Date: May 2002       07-22-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
I have the set up you want to use, just use a miniplug y-adapter to hook up the Access Technologies and the Sony RM-X10 to the head unit.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help! Gotta love these forums. Nice to get an answer so quick... i have been waiting on an answer from both of these companies.