Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       05-14-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
This is probably a stupid question, but just purchased a Moomba LSV and had a question about wakeboard racks. Are the racks primarily for transporting the boards when you're on the water, or can you leave the boards in for highway travel to/from the lake? Feel free to tee off on me for this question!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Just for water. Highway travel is Very dangerous and could result in the board releasing and killing someone. Not a stupid question at all, it would be stupid not to.
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-14-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
i lost snowboards from a roof rack on i-70 two years in a row, so i don't imagine the elastic on wakeboard racks holding up any better.
Old    vanski            05-14-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
Good question Brett. Just as said before it is extremely dangerous and outright stupid. Imagine a board flying through a windshield at 65 MPH...that should answer your question. As for the dangerous factor, you would definitely be seen as an idiot by people that truly ride because they love the sport, not the ones that showoff. Good question again.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-14-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
if you just pull your boat in town it should be ok. I definitely would put them on the racks for interstate travel, though. We load our boat up and put the boards on the racks at home because the launch is right down the street and it cuts down on time spent in the launch, but i've never pulled the boat at high speeds with them on. it always seemed a little dangerous, plus losing 500 dollar setups to concrete and blacktop seems like it would get expensive.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
It's my first year with racks...let alone a tower...but I would think anything more than 35mph and you are asking for trouble. You would be responsible for damage caused by it coming off the rack, not to mention with the cost of boards and bindings if all it did was hit the pavement and shatter..how many are you willing to replace at $300+ per board?