Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
Tige sure does know how to create controversy on these message baords and get buzz going.

Controversy 1- TAPS create wakes/makes wakes bigger

Controversy 2 - Wood is good (older Tiges, was a favorite message board argument)

Controversy 3- Pickle Fork time baby...

MC missed the boat. They should have patented the pickle fork when used in a wakeboarding boat so they could be paid royalties licke Correct Craft did with towers.
Old    jthomas            07-14-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
would you not have to first patent a "wakeboard boat" ??? so who copied who there? just a thought
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
they didnt invent the picklefork so how the hell could they patent it!?!!?!!?!?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-14-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
Brian, have you tried to turn one of the newer Tige's? I pulled a tournament with one all day. It was the 24v and we had it loaded with 1500 pounds of ballast and the thing was impossible to turn. I had to slow down, turn an then speed back up, ridiculous!!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
Big Heavy- that is also a 24 foot boat. If you try the 22 or 20, its a whole different ballgame.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-17-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
Big Heavy,

We have a Tige 24ve, it turns on a dime with 2000lbs. of ballast.
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
I'd buy one of these boats if it had a flat black tower and an engine that ran on human blood! AHHHHHH KILL KILL KILLL!!!!! And Death Metal would be the only music allowed on board! Too Bad Satan Isn't an avid wakeboarder.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
uh...right...
Old    00wakesetter            07-17-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Big Heavy, all inboards will "dump" like that when weighted when you have to make a sharp turn around like on private lakes. Tiges seem to me to not do it as bad as others.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-17-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Big Heavy,
So you couldn't do a power turn in the Tige?
"I had to slow down, turn an then speed back up, ridiculous!!"

Mine turns very well, even when weighted.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
This thread started off with the bashing of Tige going to a picklefork design similar to the X-Star. Just out of curiousity... what kind of boat do you own Brian Smith (roadking). I bet it looks similar to a lot of other boats out on the market... so does that make it a copy? Let me guess... pointy bow? windshield? squared off transom? how original is that? All boats have been designed off other similar designs. It is how you choose to work with it is what will determine if you have a winning design or not.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Brian B,
What tracking fins did MC get rid of? My 06 Xstar has them. Are you talking about the X1.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
mike,

the skegs. aka tracking fins. I know the 06 x2 does not have them.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-18-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
the 06 X2 doent have them is correct and it sure could use them .