Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-18-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Just looking for some opinions... would mainly be riding the local lakes and delta. If i was to get a wet suit it would be a fully sealed, high end Jet Pilot suit at cost, or a dry suit at normal price... thanks
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-18-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Dry suits are very nice to have when it is cold out. With a wetsuit you still have to sit in the boat wet after your set is done.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-18-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
I say wetsuit and take it off between sets. I have nice drysuit also, but it is not as comfortable and flexible.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
it is too early to be talking about this

I changed last year I rode all winter in shorts and a top it was a little cold but I rode better because I had more mobility
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
I prefer a CR 250 in the winter myself.

My drysuit is for sale. O'Neill Boost size medium. Used maybe 5 times
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
I wore my drysuit 1 time last year. I just like the feel of the wetsuit better. I'm also not as core as I used to be. I used to ride every weekend all year long. Now I usually head to the snow.

Drysuit if you are going to be riding through january and febuary, otherwise a wet suit will get you through just fine.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
I hope to ride in the winter a lil bit but ya my kx 250 is what will prob see more hrs then the boat.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-18-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Darn I live in FL and can ride all year long without a wet or dry suit.
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       08-18-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
I live in Truckee and drysuit year round.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
Boca is not closed. I was there last weekend!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
J-I think that is his way of deterring people from going there just like the SHARKS we saw on railroad in the DELTA last night.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-18-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Yea I saw those sharks over by railroad also last night... I would definatly stay away!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-18-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
For the dead of winter, dry suit all the way. I would never go back to a wet suit. How much for the Boost J-Rod?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-18-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
wetsuit with no life jacket is the best. surfers dont wear life vests. i love the winter time. air is still, no wind, water is glass all the time. with a wetsuit its like having a layer of blubber for protection. ive taken some of the hardest crashes and the wetsuit has made it bareable. cant wait. i dont sepparate summer and winter. jus ride
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-18-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
drysuit.....from mid Octobar/November to End of April/mid May.(depending on how cold)

I don't mind it either....extra cushion but I told myself I'm gonna be snowboarding more!
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-18-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
Surfers don't wear life vest because they are in a bouyant environment, salt water. Don't fool yourself, you will not float in any water without a vest other than the Dead Sea (and that may not happen unless the circumstances are in yur favor). There have been too many issues and bad things happen without a life vest. I hate to sound so reasonable but... lifevest has life in it for a reason.