Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-03-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Anyone riding these or can compare these boards? Looking for a new board mostly for behind the boat. I was trying to stay with a board made in America and I have some other wood core boards that I like. But, no place to demo these near me.

Anyone had a chance to ride all three? I often have a hard time with three stage boards due to lack of speed. How slow is the Hooke?

I have ridden the Humanoid Oracle, LF Lyman, Watson (classic), LF Witness, and Sine so any comparison to these is great.

Thanks.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-03-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
Hey buddy, I can't make a comparison for you, I am coming from the 09 Ronix one. I made the switch to the Slingshot hooke, it is a tad flexy, but from what I understand is much more sturdy than the rail series. The profile is extremely thin on the board and very few bottom features, it is a pretty loose tracking board imo. The Ronix one is an extremely slow board so once again this information may be completely irrelevant, but the hooke seemed to be extremely fast which I love. The only complaint I have is the thin profiles on the edges make some pretty nasty edge catchers. Good luck in your search!
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
I ride the Hooke and coming off a Severence it's definitely stiffer but pops well and lands reallllllly soft.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-04-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
I'd recommend the Newton, it's the fastest, has the softest landing of those 3, and still has a lot of pop... I've rode the response (newton), reflex (kine), and the recoil (hooke) which are the basis of the new stiffer boards... The recoil (hooke) rides similar to the watson classic although the recoil is a little more responsive to edge change. The response (newton) rides similar to the lyman although the response releases from the wake easier giving you more forgiveness if you make a mistake upon takeoff. The reflex (kine) is in between the two, medium speed and landings, can take the board into the flats if you want. The nicest thing about the slingshot boards versus boards with a lot of bottom contours is they don't tend to get stuck in the landings and help you keep your speed. My buddy has a kine that I want to try but I'm thinking of purchasing the newton myself.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I was trying to stay with a board faster than my old Watson or my Sine.

The Newton or Kine sound promising.

e_rock32, let me know if you ride the Kine what you think.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-04-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
you should look at the Lyman. I think it's supposed to come out soon. Even the new SS Shredtown board will be a good boat shape but I'm not sure when it will be released.

Gotta go with Slingshot if you're like me and want to support something made in the US. Whether or not you're into the political side of it, the quality is superior.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-04-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
How does the feel of these boards compare to LF's Watson Hybrid or Shane Hybrid?
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2011, 4:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
How does the feel of these boards compare to LF's Watson Hybrid or Shane Hybrid?
i ride cable only and i have ridden both LF watson hybrid 10 and LF hybrid deluxe these wer my past two boards... from my POV the slingshot kine is the best board for me. soft landings, great pop, great release when doing air tricks... my surface backroll has greatly improved with this board.

if i rate this 3 boards
(1-10)
watson hybrid-8
lf hybrid deluxe-7
ss kine-10