Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-30-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Can anyone give me some advise on where to rest the forward portion of the titan tower setup on a 2005 VLX. If I lay it back, it rests on the window frame, probably not the best spot. Have not tried to put it forward, but does not look like it will land in the boat. Was thinking I would make a stand for it in the middle of the boat to keep it off the windshield. I need to put it down to get it in the garage. Open to ideas?
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-30-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
I put a towel between the tower and where it lays on the windshield, works great.
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-30-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Yea that is what I am doing right now, just concerned about resting the weight of the tower on the windshield.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-30-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
I use a telescoping cover pole to prop mine up with and keep it off the windshield of my supersport with a titan.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-31-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
So James...welcome to the Bu' family. When will we sick pics of her? Congrats...
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-31-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Justin,
Thanks, I'll get them up soon, want some from out on the water. Have not even taken a pull behind it yet, but it is gonna be awesome.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-31-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
..sorry to get off topic here...but james are you wearing a shred ready helmet in your profile? how does it perform hitting the water..slide around etc....I have one just always debating if I should use it or not. When i wipe out often I go into a dive ....how does it feel in that kind of scenario?
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-31-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Michael
On dives, I think it has stayed on. It does slide around a little, but does not affect the performance. It has come off on real hard sideway falls, but it shields the hit first, so it accomplishes the task. I don't worry too much about it coming off. Hope that helps.