Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-22-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
Anyone have any experience in using this material on a swim platform? I would like to get a lighter color so it doesn't get too hot but i am worried the dirty river water may stain it. Anyone have any problems with it peeling back up?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-22-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
Do a search...tons of happy customers on this site.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
I've never heard of even black material getting too hot on a swimstep. Seems like it's always wet so never gets hot.

Someone on this site just complained about sun burns on a Seadek swimstep recently. Something about water bottles acting like a magnifying glass?

Also, the peeling back up action your describing isn't really a function of the Seadek, but the PSA or adhesive used to stick it on the boat. As long as your putting it on fiberglass, I don't think it'll be a problem.
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-22-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
I have had it on two boats and love it!!! I had white my previous boat and it got a little dirty, but not bad and I was able to clean it. I have a light gray now and no issues with it showing dirt. This might be because the white before was on a i/o and the swim deck was 2' out of the water as opposed to my current swim deck that is in the water. I give it a big thumbs up
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-22-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
The black will get hot if you live where the temps are over 100 on a regular basis. Black is the only color they won't warrenty btw, I have the Cool Gray (light color) and it doesn't stain and is easy to clean. No it won't peel back up either.

It was mine that the burned via the water bottles, it's not impervious to damage but it does take a lot and is highly worth it.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-22-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
Take a look at a product called NuTeak. Located at www.nuteak.com

It stays cool in the sun, resistant to stains and mould.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-22-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
We have pretty bad muddy water around here. We got the light grey with white lettering on our ebbtide. After more than 3 months in the water the white still looks great!! I recommend seadek to EVERYONE!
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-22-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
Oh yeah if dirt gets on it, you can clean it off very easily just so you know
Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-23-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
2nd boat, 2nd Seadek. Love it.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
A+ product. I have it and love it. Many manufacturers are using them stock now, EPIC has used them for the entire floor for 3yrs now. The ease of keeping it clean and it's non fading is appealing!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-23-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
my MB had SeaDek this year and it was so nice. Soft and never got hot.. but as you know I'm not in the river so no idea on staining.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-24-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
I installed SeaDek on our boat. It gets lots of abuse. No problems with being hot or color fade. No peeling issues. It has been on for 1.5 years. I love it, and would recommend it highly.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-24-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
I loved my SeaDek. Highly recommended
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-26-2010, 2:10 AM Reply   
Love my Seadek. No issues with it. I will have it on every boat I buy from now on.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-27-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
Got it ordered... thanks for the info guys.