Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-10-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
I was talking to a friend about the cost of maintaining a new boat and what a drag you only get a one year warranty. He said his Malibu had a 2 year for everything, 3 for major things and 5 for engine. So what is the deal with new boat warranties. What is CC, malibu, MC, Tige and Supra warranties?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-10-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Centurion is 2 years on the Mercruiser engine, lifetime on hull, 2 years on all other components.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-10-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
when I got my MC in april of '04.....I got 3 years on everything(trailer 1 year)

They offered an extended warranty called 3+3 meaning 6 years plus trailer(mostly major stuff)no boat buddy,winch,etc.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-10-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
When you think about it 1-2 years isn't a whole lot when you're dropping 60k +. Especially for something that most people only use for a limited amount of hours per year. With a 2 year warranty if you put 150 hours per year on that would probably be the equivalent of like a 6 month warranty on a brand new car.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-10-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
Tige is life time on the Hull and if it fails you get a new boat they don't fix it

3 years on the engine

5 years on the interior and vinyl
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-10-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
What about Nautique and Supra?
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-11-2007, 5:07 AM Reply   
Why don't you call them?
Old    akman            05-11-2007, 5:12 AM Reply   
CC comes standard with a 5 year front to back on engine and vinyl.

I bought my boat in 03' at the boat show and as incentive they were offering an extra year on warranty if you bought at the show. I have until 09' to take care of any issues.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-11-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   

quote:

CC comes standard with a 5 year front to back on engine and vinyl.

I believe they changed it to a 3 year....
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
I believe that on top of replacing you're boat if need be, Tige will also kick you 10k for your troubles. To date, I've never heard of them ever having any type of hull failure.
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Sold boats for a long time and I am dissapointed that the boat companies don't put a better warranty on there products... liftime on the hull or structure is generally everybody Tige is nothing special just a sales pitch... Boston Whaler came out w/ the pitch in 1943.. So the rest I would call profit taking.. Nothing wrong w/ that but when you are paying 60K for a boat you would expect some better back up.. In a business sence it does allow the dealers to sale there extended warranties @ a 300%-400% mark-up... Still you are smart to buy it because most of the marine products out there need it.. The market 5 years ago exploded and the price of boats went through the roof.. I think for what the consumers are paying for now the boat companies need to get the backs of people who are taking care of them.... Just an idea
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
I think just about everything could use a better warranty.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-11-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
MB's used to be one of the best in the biz, but i think the other mfgs. are catching up, so hopefully they'll step it up again...

http://mbsports.net/warranty.asp

Hull Lifetime (transferable)
Deck Lifetime (transferable)
Gel Coat 3 years
Composite Swim Step 5 years
Upholstery 5 years
Carpet 5 years
Exhaust System Lifetime
Engine/Drivetrain 3 years
Anodized Hardware Lifetime
Instruments Lifetime
Blister Free 5 years

(Message edited by tonality on May 11, 2007)