Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (leafster)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-15-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
I have a Centurion T-5 with their adjustable wake plate. I realize that in the up position it lets the stern ride lower and the opposite when down. Has anyone had any experience fine tuning this thing for wakeboarding? Do you just load up the boat, take off the swim deck and fiddle until it looks good? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
05 T-5  Black w/ silver metallic mix.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
on that boat for wakeboarding I would start with it all the way up and adjust it from there
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-15-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
Leafster,

I have a 2000 Elite-V. Back then they referred to it as a 'cavitation plate'. We messed with it a few times but ended up leaving it straight. It doesn't have much more than an inch or two of play anyway. For making wake, 1600 lbs of water works well for us.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-15-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
we have an 04 Cyclone which is the Eclipse Vdrive. If we use the plate to fine tune the wake, it will make one side mushy and the other real crisp. I doesn't keep both sides of the wake very even.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-15-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
Not an expert, but nobody's stated the obvious yet: the plate's got nothing to do with wakeboarding. The thing's a band-aid for trim problems on the boat (ain't talking smack, I wish my Epic had one, instead I gotta put a hundred fifty pounds in the nose).

The way it should have been adjusted at the factory is you back it all the way up for starters. The boat will probably be porpoising empty. Lower the plate until the porpoising goes away then lock it down and forget about it.

Don't try to adjust your ballasted trim with this plate - that's not what it's for. Move the weight around if it's porpoising when ballasted.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-16-2005, 6:06 AM Reply   
I have an Elite V and leave mine all the way up. It is good to beable to adjust when you have alot of people in the boat. My wake plate does not make my wake bigger but it will help dail it in. I also have the hydraulic plate so alot easier for me to adjust. If you have the manual version I would adjust it all the way up and see how you like it.